Absolutely struck by a name!

I was set on [name]Oliver[/name] for our baby due in [name]July[/name], but I was browsing nameberry and I seen the name [name]BANJO[/name] and it has just hit me!!! I can’t get it out of my head… I love it so much.

I don’t know whether to ditch my well thought about [name]Oliver[/name] for [name]Banjo[/name] or not. I’ve never been touched by a name like this before! I’m a true blue Aussie so it seems so fitting, my nanna has played the banjo to my other kids since they were born and [name]Banjo[/name] [name]Patterson[/name] pulls heart strings with me because he is an Australian icon and like me a journalist, poet and writer! Am I being irrational wanting to call my baby [name]Banjo[/name]? What are the possible nicknames? So confused now!

[name]Banjo[/name] definitely has some pizazz, and I think some people can pull it off. But my first question would be, what are your other kids’ names? If they have more traditional names, I think [name]Banjo[/name] may feel like you don’t take him as seriously as his siblings. Being the youngest, that often happens anyway. People tend to think of the baby of the family as the baby forever (if this will indeed be your last) and having a cute name may add to that.

If you tend to be a quirky family in general though, and your kids have somewhat unusual names, [name]Banjo[/name] could work. I know a family of musicians with a [name]Satchel[/name] and a [name]Fable[/name] and it totally works for them. It sounds like it has a lot of personal resonance and meaning for you, and that’s so important. One alternative would be to go with [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Banjo[/name]. I think that’s super cute actually :slight_smile:

I think if your son’s name is [name]Banjo[/name], then thats probably his nn, too.

However, if you really like the name [name]Banjo[/name], want to call your son that, and want to give him an alternative name to fall back on, what about [name]Benjamin[/name], nn [name]Banjo[/name]?

I don’t think I would take seriously an adult named “[name]Banjo[/name]”. It’s not a name. I like the idea of [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Banjo[/name]…

I really like [name]Benjamin[/name] “[name]Banjo[/name]”!!!

Here’s another vote for [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Banjo[/name]-- so cool! I love that [name]Banjo[/name] has special meaning and really speaks to you, but I agree that it would be better to have a more ‘serious’ name to fall back on as he ages. Think resumes, formal social situations, etc. But [name]Banjo[/name] is a very cute nn for day-to-day use!

[name]Hi[/name], I live in [name]Canada[/name] where [name]Banjo[/name] isn’t all that familiar as a name, however I have heard that in Australia it is MUCH more common

I think it’s cute, but what I really love is the suggestion of [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Banjo[/name]

I thought [name]Banjo[/name] was fairly common in Australia, is that not true? I agree that it’d be great as a nickname for [name]Benjamin[/name], or even [name]Joseph[/name]!

hi there!
[name]Banjo[/name] is a really cute name! But i don’t know about it being a full name. It’s super adorable for a little boy, but what about when hes an adult and is applying for jobs? I don’t know if [name]Banjo[/name] would go so well!! But you can always use it as a nick name!
If you really love [name]Oliver[/name], why not use that and [name]Banjo[/name] as the middle name, and normally call him [name]Banjo[/name]?
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Banjo[/name]
Sounds like a great name to me! I also really love the suggestion of [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Banjo[/name], so you could also make his name [name]Benjamin[/name] “[name]Banjo[/name]” [name]Oliver[/name], or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Banjo[/name])!
Anyways, there are some things to consider! [name]Hope[/name] it helps!

I hope [name]Banjo[/name] is a kid of a Rocker! Its not my style in name but you can put [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Banjo[/name] as a name.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Banjo[/name] perhaps?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], nn [name]Banjo[/name]?