Ada

This is a name that I am really loving right now. I pronounce it like Ai-Duh similar sound to [name]Aidan[/name].

is that the correct pronounciation or is it more like the A in [name]Addison[/name]?

Wdyt if [name]Ada[/name] with [name]Rylee[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]?

Generally the pronunciation is a A-duh, like [name]Ava[/name], but technically [name]AH[/name]-duh is correct too. I love the name, but it’ll definitely be confused with [name]Ava[/name]. If that doesn’t bother you, go for it, but expect to correct people ALL the time.

Everything daisy451 said. I have always pronounced it “A-duh” (like [name]Ava[/name]), but I have heard it the other way, too. I prefer the spelling [name]Adah[/name], and perhaps you would get less issues with [name]Ava[/name] (on paper). But I do agree that it might get mixed up with [name]Ava[/name] a lot in the real world. People are much more familiar with hearing that name, and when you say “[name]Ada[/name]”, it sounds so much like [name]Ava[/name] that people will assume it is [name]Ava[/name].

My absolute favorite name but I prefer it spelled [name]Adah[/name]. I think you’d have more trouble with people mishearing it than if they saw it on paper.

[name]Ada[/name] is a lovely alternative to the immensely popular [name]Ava[/name]. It has a vintage charm to it that I find appealing.

thanks ladies! [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Amabel[/name]?

I am completely in love with [name]Ada[/name]. I pronounce it Ay-Da (like the start of [name]Aidan[/name], and then duh), but bear in mind I am from NZ.

It is so lovely, simple and classy!

I love [name]Ada[/name]. I have for years - even before [name]Ava[/name] became popular. It has such a soft, lyrical quality to it.

[name]Ada[/name] is generally pronounced AY-da (like [name]Ava[/name]) and is a diminutive of [name]Adelaide[/name]/[name]Adeline[/name].

[name]Adah[/name] is Hebrew and so technically pronounced ah-DAH.

I would pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-mah-belle.

Ada is generally pronounced AY-da (like Ava) and is a diminutive of Adelaide/Adeline.

Strange; I wouldn’t expect a long A [name]Ada[/name] to come from those short A names.