Ada?

I really like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] at the moment, I pronounce it like Ay-duh.

I’m considering [name_f]Adah[/name_f] because of its Biblical history, although I think I prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f]; anyway Nameberry has the pronunciation listed as [name_m]AH[/name_m]-duh.

Would you pronounce [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Adah[/name_f] differently?

And what middle name do you think?

I think that the h on [name_f]Adah[/name_f] probably looks unnecessary, but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] better also. It’s one of my favourites :slight_smile:

Yeah, I pronounce them different. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is AY-duh and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is [name_m]AH[/name_m]-duh.
I met an Ayda some time ago, she was not even five at the time and had a little sister named [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I cringed at the spelling; but I think her mum was trying to make sure it was pronounced that way.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f]/[name_f]Seline[/name_f]/[name_f]Selena[/name_f]/[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f]

I’d pronounce [name_f]Adah[/name_f] the Hebrew way, with the accent on the second syllable. http://www.forvo.com/word/%D7%A2%D7%93%D7%94/#he

If you’re saying them the same I wouldn’t bother with the H.

I’ve heard [name_f]Ada[/name_f] said both [name_m]AH[/name_m]-da (almost like Odd-a) or like [name_u]ADE[/name_u]-a. [name_m]Both[/name_m] spelled the same way.

I’d say them the same way Aid-uh.

I prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as it’s straightforward and has an accepted spelling. Despite [name_f]Adah[/name_f] also being a legitimate spelling, there will be plenty of people who assume it’s ‘made up’ because it’s not the usual way (the same way some ‘creative’ people spell [name_f]Ava[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Avah[/name_f]’).