Adair: Masculine or Feminine?

hanbow, thanks for your extra contribution!

I think it could go both ways seems unisex 2 me

Like other posters, I think of [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]/[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] when I hear it. That adds to the masculine vibe for me.

I know a male [name_u]Adair[/name_u]. It sounds exclusively masculine to me.

It feels more masculine to me. I have [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] on my boys list, and [name_u]Adair[/name_u] seems quite similar.

I love [name_u]Adair[/name_u]! It’s on my mn list for both genders. It feels totally unisex but since it derives from [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] I guess it is masculine.

There is also [name_u]Adare[/name_u] (same pronunciation). It’s a place name and a nature-y name so it’s unisex but this spelling leans more feminine to me. I guess it’s kind of like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] vs [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]

I like it for a boy. Maybe [name_f]Adaira[/name_f] for a girl!?!

Thanks again for the additional replies! Whilst I’ve now put [name_u]Adair[/name_u] on my boys list and I think it’s going to stay there, it’s interesting to hear other opinions. mommax2, [name_f]Adaira[/name_f] is really interesting and sounds quite magical like [name_u]Adair[/name_u].

Unisex but I tend to think [name_u]Adair[/name_u] leans much more to the masculine than to the feminine.

I’m also on team green for this one.

I first heard it in a Sweet [name_f]Valley[/name_f] book oh so many years ago for a boy, but recently met a little girl called [name_u]Adair[/name_u] and fell in love.

Masculine, just as with [name_u]Avery[/name_u]

Girl’s name for me. I love this as a middle name!

@racheltheworm15: This is an old thread and I’ve settled on [name_m]Edmond[/name_m] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] for my boy’s list. It’s been on there for quite a while now. :slight_smile: