Adalynn/Addison??

I feel in love [name]Adalynn[/name] while doing some searches online. It just sounded so beautiful and very old world. What do you think, a great alternative to [name]Madelynn[/name] or is [name]Addison[/name] better?

Although neither name is my style due to their “trendy” quality, I do prefer [name]Addison[/name] to [name]Adalynn[/name]. I just feel that [name]Adalynn[/name] is two names smooshed together ([name]Ada[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name]) while [name]Addison[/name] is a legitimate surname. Adding the -lynn ending onto names or sounds has become an epidemic for some reason and it makes some strange names (Aaralynn, Irelyn, [name]Braelynn[/name], [name]Jaelynn[/name], Starlyn, Emberlynn etc…).

I like the sound of [name]Adalynn[/name] better than [name]Addison[/name], but I agree with mischa about the -lynn ending… What do you think of [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], or [name]Adele[/name] instead?

[name]Adeline[/name] is an actual name, as opposed to [name]Adalynn[/name] which is made up - they sound almost the same, too. I would choose [name]Adeline[/name]. If not, then I’d go for [name]Addison[/name].

Meh, I’d prefer it if it was spelled [name]Adalyn[/name] or [name]Adalin[/name], even then, it feels very tryndee and I already know a few people planning on naming their daughters this. You might like Adalind, which looks more grown up and old world to me.

Surprisingly enough, you are actually incorrect, [name]Adalynn[/name] is a name that originate from US settlements in the 1800’s, it has since been forgotten and isn’t the result of ‘smushing names together.’

I stand corrected. Still don’t like the way the name looks, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think [name]Adalynn[/name] is better than [name]Addison[/name], but that [name]Adeline[/name] is vastly better than both. I like [name]Adeline[/name] nn [name]Ada[/name] best.