Adam vs Jaydan...Please help!:-)

Ok so my husband and I have finally narrowed it down to 2 boy names that we love but we can’t make up our minds!
To give you a little background, we are both originally from the Middle [name_f]East[/name_f] living in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and we want a name that goes in both cultures and is easy to pronounce and goes well with my husband’s Last name, [name_m]Jamil[/name_m].
The final two that have narrowwd it down to are:

1. [name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m]

We love [name_m]Adam[/name_m] because it’s a name that works in both English and Arabic. It can never be mispronounced and it’s not too common in the Arabic language.
What I don’t like about the name is that it’s very common in the [name_u]West[/name_u] so I can imagine him going to school with other [name_m]Adams[/name_m] in his class.

What we love about [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] is that it’s got two syllabus so we can easily give him a little cute nickname, maybe J.J. Or [name_u]Jay[/name_u]. I also like the fact that it starts with J and works perfectly with the last name [name_m]Jamil[/name_m].
I kind of don’t like that there is a bit of a difference in the pronounciation between the Arabic and English. It’s pronounced exactly like it’s spelled in Arabic [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_m]Dan[/name_m] while it will probably be pronounced [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] in English. I was also disappointed that one my good friends didn’t like the name…

Soo which would you pick? Please help a first time mother decide:-)

I think the [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m]/[name_u]Jayden[/name_u] thing would annoy me on my child’s behalf - I can see it being misspelled frequently, not just mispronounced. Is [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] not an option?

I don’t think I’ve met an [name_m]Adam[/name_m] child in either of my children’s classes… (am in UK)

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] most definitely!

Out of the two I prefer [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] gets my vote.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m]! I’m tired of the -ayden names

I’d choose [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

I know more little boys named [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] than [name_m]Adam[/name_m], actually, and [name_m]Adam[/name_m]'s such a good name.
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] is 82 on the SSA list. [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] is 7, and that’s not including [name_u]Jaden[/name_u] (140), [name_u]Jaeden[/name_u] (844), [name_u]Jaiden[/name_u] (207), or [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] itself at 960.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] gets my vote! [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] would often be mistaken for yet another kre8tif spelling of [name_u]Jayden[/name_u]. To tell you the truth, I don’t like the flow of either name with your surname. [name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] has repetitive am’s and [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] has shared ja’s. Of the two, I think [name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] is the least matchy.

I like [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

There is no competition.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] wins hands down.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] all the way! [name_m]Adam[/name_m] is classic and not too common, and as you said it works in both Arabic and English!

These are the two most opposite names imaginable. [name_m]Adam[/name_m] is about as ancient, classic, and distinguished as you can get, while [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m] (shudder) is a trendy, silly, meaningless modern letter mash that’s already dated.

You must be very new to Nameberry! I don’t even have to read anyone else’s responses to know you’ll receive resounding support for [name_m]Adam[/name_m]! Nameberry is an [name_u]Ayden[/name_u], [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Cayden[/name_m], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] and [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] free zone lol.

I’d vote for [name_m]Adam[/name_m]. I’m not sure how popular it is in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] right now, but [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] and names that rhyme ([name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Caden[/name_m], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], etc.) with it are unbelievably popular in the states right now. By comparison, [name_m]Adam[/name_m] seems downright novel.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] gets my vote since it’s the more classic and less trendy option of the two.

Definitely [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

100% [name_m]Adam[/name_m] from me! [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me, there will be a LOT of Jaydens/Jaydans/Jadens in his class - as well as Braydens, Haydens, Graydens, etc. He will be a lot more original as an [name_m]Adam[/name_m]!

I have to say [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

[name_m]Adam[/name_m]. There’s no contest.