Add One Sentence

This is an inspirational thread. If you choose to use these short stories as inspiration, please do not use the exact wording, as some are not your own words.

The title is basically self-explanatory. Like on the adding then eliminating threads, we’ll do 12 sentences, written in paragraph form. Make sure to add a number. Afterwards, we’ll take the last sentence and start a new story, using the last sentence as the first one, altering the structure slightly if necessary.

1st sentence:

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean.

(1/12)

2 Likes

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean.

(3/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories.
(4/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories. This place has always calmed me - why won’t it work for me now?
(5/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories. This place has always calmed me - why won’t it work for me now? “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want it to work?” asks the mermaid on the rock next to me, “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you really want to forget?”
(6/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories. This place has always calmed me - why won’t it work for me now? “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want it to work?” asks the mermaid on the rock next to me, “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you really want to forget?” I rolled my eyes and turned to her, replying, “Yes, I’m sure I do.” “But [name_f]Molly[/name_f], one day your children will have questions, about how you became one of us.”

(8/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories. This place has always calmed me - why won’t it work for me now? “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want it to work?” asks the mermaid on the rock next to me, “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you really want to forget?” I rolled my eyes and turned to her, replying, “Yes, I’m sure I do.” “But [name_f]Molly[/name_f], one day your children will have questions, about how you became one of us.” “I’m sure I can make up a story when that time comes.” I reply.

(9/12)

I gaze out over the crystal, turquoise ocean. I wish I could forget what happened last time we visited Uncle [name_u]Chris[/name_u] and his family, but I still have nightmares about it now, 3 years later. It all had happened so suddenly, the robbery, I mean. The shattered glass, the screams–I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the memories. This place has always calmed me - why won’t it work for me now?
“[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want it to work?” asks the mermaid on the rock next to me, “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you really want to forget?”
I rolled my eyes and turned to her, replying, “Yes, I’m sure I do.”
“But [name_f]Molly[/name_f], one day your children will have questions, about how you became one of us.”
“I’m sure I can make up a story when that time comes.” I reply.
My adoptive sister just shakes her head, not at all in a bad way, perhaps just disappointed.

(10/12)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an option, since I’m popping in at the very end.

“Never. And if they get suspicious? I’m sure I can make up a story if that time comes”.

“Never. And if they get suspicious? I’m sure I can make up a story if that time comes.”
She touched the key once more before placing it in her sister’s lilac gloved hand. Slowly she looked up into [name_f]Ella[/name_f]'s frightened eyes, whispering “I’ll be there soon, don’t worry.”

(2/10)

“Never. And if they get suspicious? I’m sure I can make up a story if that time comes.”
She touched the key once more before placing it in her sister’s lilac gloved hand. Slowly she looked up into [name_f]Ella[/name_f]'s frightened eyes, whispering “I’ll be there soon, don’t worry.”
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] looked away, saying, “You always are, and every time you come back hurt.”

(3/10)

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] looked away, saying, “You always are, and every time you come back hurt.”
She sighed, accepting that what [name_f]Ella[/name_f] said was true, and that these secret mission did hurt her - and her sister.

(4/10)

She sighed, accepting that what [name_f]Ella[/name_f] said was true, and that these secret mission did hurt her - and her sister. All the same, they had to keep lying, although it ruined their reputations as royals.

(5/10)

She sighed, accepting that what [name_f]Ella[/name_f] said was true, and that these secret missions did hurt her - and her sister. All the same, they had to keep lying, although it ruined their reputations as royals.
She watched as [name_f]Ella[/name_f] slipped through the open door, but yelped in surprise as she felt two firm hands grip her shoulders and heard a familiar chilling voice say her name, “[name_f]Riva[/name_f] [name_u]Jae[/name_u] Feverin.”
She squirmed out of the hard grasp, darting away from the building, for she could not risk this rebel finding [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and the key.

(7/10)

She sighed, accepting that what [name_f]Ella[/name_f] said was true, and that these secret missions did hurt her - and her sister. All the same, they had to keep lying, although it ruined their reputations as royals.
She watched as [name_f]Ella[/name_f] slipped through the open door, but yelped in surprise as she felt two firm hands grip her shoulders and heard a familiar chilling voice say her name, “[name_f]Riva[/name_f] [name_u]Jae[/name_u] Feverin.”
She squirmed out of the hard grasp, darting away from the building, for she could not risk this rebel finding [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and the key. Perhaps (depending on who this man was) she thought in panic, their lives were at stake.

(8/10)

She squirmed out of the hard grasp, darting away from the building, for she could not risk this rebel finding [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and the key. Perhaps (depending on who this man was) she thought in panic, their lives were at stake.
The stranger, watching [name_f]Riva[/name_f] disappear into the shadows, murmured: “Run like the false heroine you try to be, [name_f]Riva[/name_f], just know when the path in front of you erupts into flame and you are cornered with nowhere left to go, I was behind it all.”

[9/10]

[name_m]NEW[/name_m]

Wait, she though, This is the man I’ve been searching for! She ran back up the gravel path she had just come, her arms waving above her head like the pink-tipped spring trees.

Wait, she though, This is the man I’ve been searching for! She ran back up the gravel path she had just come, her arms waving above her head like the pink-tipped spring trees. She saw [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] turning to leave, but when she called out, the wind carried her voice gently away.

Wait, she thought, This is the man I’ve been searching for! She ran back up the gravel path she had just come, her arms waving above her head like the pink-tipped spring trees. She saw [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] turning to leave, but when she called out, the wind carried her voice gently away. Hearing the rapid crescendo of footfalls belonging no doubt to the woman who had just introduced herself as [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] whipped around and shouted louder than anticipated, “what more could you possibly want from me, woman?”

Wait, she thought, This is the man I’ve been searching for! She ran back up the gravel path she had just come, her arms waving above her head like the pink-tipped spring trees. She saw [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] turning to leave, but when she called out, the wind carried her voice gently away. Hearing the rapid crescendo of footfalls belonging no doubt to the woman who had just introduced herself as [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] whipped around and shouted louder than anticipated, “What more could you possibly want from me, woman?”
“I’ve just realized that you are the man I was telling my sister of, the man from my dream, and I need your help!”

(4/10)