Add One Sentence

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from Bella, away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met Gideon in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it.
4/12

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from [name_f]Bella[/name_f], away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes.
5/12

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from Bella, away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met Gideon in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes. That quirky half-smile. The thoughtfulness, the consideration.
6/12

(P.S. I know I wrote two sentences, but I figured that they’re the type of thing that might as well be one sentence and the period is just there perfunctorily, if you don’t agree then just ignore my second one :smile:)

Why do people like killing in the forest so much?!? :joy: In the one above, they knock a guy out in the forest WAY out of the blue, and in this one, it also comes back to killing someone in a forest very randomly.

1 Like

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from Bella, away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met Gideon in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes. That quirky half-smile. The thoughtfulness, the consideration. And then [name_f]Bella[/name_f] denied my very existance… I need a new life, because I cannot live this one anymore.

7/12

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from Bella, away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met Gideon in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes. That quirky half-smile. The thoughtfulness, the consideration. And then Bella denied my very existence… I need a new life, because I cannot live this one anymore. I thought [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] could help me escape that, could help me create a new life, but I can never outrun who I was- who I am.

8/10 and wow this is a cool story!

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from Bella, away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met Gideon in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes. That quirky half-smile. The thoughtfulness, the consideration. And then Bella denied my very existence… I need a new life, because I cannot live this one anymore. I thought Gideon could help me escape that, could help me create a new life, but I can never outrun who I was- who I am. So I guess I’ll just have to become someone else entirely.
9/10

@ChipmunkGirl Thanks! I haven’t come on here in a while but I miss it!

1 Like

@winterdragon04 I’d love to still post on this thread!

Tears streamed down my face while I ran. Faster and faster, away from the schoolhouse, away from [name_f]Bella[/name_f], away from Mr. Paulison… but never away from the pain. The pain . The sorrow, the tears, the bitter sea running through my veins… and it all came down to that one day. The day I met [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] in the forest. As soon as I had killed him, I’ve regretted it. I was hired to and wasn’t supposed to get attached… but I just couldn’t help falling for those sea green eyes. That quirky half-smile. The thoughtfulness, the consideration. And then [name_f]Bella[/name_f] denied my very existence… I need a new life, because I cannot live this one anymore. I thought [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] could help me escape that, could help me create a new life, but I can never outrun who I was- who I am. So I guess I’ll just have to become someone else entirely. But not until I burn my past, along with the people responsible for it, and scatter the ashes myself.

(EDIT: you’re right @dogs_books! My bad!)

Oh, I’m pretty sure that the new story is supposed to begin with some variation of the last sentence of the previous story.

I have to burn my past, along with the people responsible for it, and scatter the ashes myself. It wasn’t my fault, I want to cry out- but who would hear me?

I have to burn my past, along with the people responsible for it, and scatter the ashes myself. It wasn’t my fault, I want to cry out- but who would hear me? And if no one could hear me, no one would care.
This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder.
4/10

I probably shouldn’t post so much, but…
I have to burn my past, along with the people responsible for it, and scatter the ashes myself. It wasn’t my fault, I want to cry out- but who would hear me? And if no one could hear me, no one would care.
This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder. As I arrive at the dingy apartment building- [name_f]Maris[/name_f] Esla’s- I pull a match and lighter fluid out of my bag.

This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder. As I arrive at the dingy apartment building- Maris Esla’s- I pull a match and lighter fluid out of my bag. It doesn’t take long to cover all the soft furnishings in the lighter fluid - it smells sharp, almost like petrol - and I when I’m finished I stand outside the front door, ready to light the match.

This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder. As I arrive at the dingy apartment building- Maris Esla’s- I pull a match and lighter fluid out of my bag. It doesn’t take long to cover all the soft furnishings in the lighter fluid - it smells sharp, almost like petrol - and I when I’m finished I stand outside the front door, ready to light the match. I light the match, my hand shaking so much I am barely able to perform the simple task as my thoughts chase themselves around my mind.

This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder. As I arrive at the dingy apartment building- Maris Esla’s- I pull a match and lighter fluid out of my bag. It doesn’t take long to cover all the soft furnishings in the lighter fluid - it smells sharp, almost like petrol - and I when I’m finished I stand outside the front door, ready to light the match. I light the match, my hand shaking so much I am barely able to perform the simple task as my thoughts chase themselves around my mind. But as impossible as it should be to stop myself now, I hesitate - this is not the person I want to be.
8/10

This is what I told myself as I walked out of the city, a dirty bag - my only belonging - hanging off of one shoulder. As I arrive at the dingy apartment building- Maris Esla’s- I pull a match and lighter fluid out of my bag. It doesn’t take long to cover all the soft furnishings in the lighter fluid - it smells sharp, almost like petrol - and I when I’m finished I stand outside the front door, ready to light the match. I light the match, my hand shaking so much I am barely able to perform the simple task as my thoughts chase themselves around my mind. But as impossible as it should be to stop myself now, I hesitate - this is not the person I want to be. But it’s the person I have to be.

9/10

(ooh, if you don’t mind, can I add the last sentence “I light the match.”? I feel like that would be such a great end. But I already just wrote one, so just ignore me, please!)

I think that totally works for the end @dogs_books! If we want to follow the official rules, I guess, then let’s consider it my addition lol. I’ll start the next one!

I light the match. It’s my last one, and I try to shield it from the wind.

1 Like

I light the match. It’s my last one, and I try to shield it from the wind. It’s cold here, far colder than I would have expected for this time of year.

(3/12)

I light the match. It’s my last one, and I try to shield it from the wind. It’s cold here, far colder than I would have expected for this time of year. The time flame eats away at the matchstick quicker than I’d have thought, quickly burning close to finds fingers and heating them despite the cold.

(4/10)

I light the match. It’s my last one, and I try to shield it from the wind. It’s cold here, far colder than I would have expected for this time of year. The time flame eats away at the matchstick quicker than I’d have thought, quickly burning close to finds fingers and heating them despite the cold. I reached my hand down the stroke the white tomcat slinking between my legs.

(5/10)