Add One Sentence

I seemed to be the only one paying attention enough to know how dangerous she really was. Oh, Jade, you should have listened to me. I used to admire you, you were the only one brave enough to go near her… However foolish you were, I still loved you as a man ought to love his wife. That was what the vows were for, right? I’m smiling as I write this letter to you, though I know you’ll never read it. My smile vanished as I remember why I’m writing you this letter in the first place. If it’s ever read, I hope to know why you’re gone. Why you left me here, in this cold, wretched place; why you made that fateful choice that spun all of our lives around in this sickening spiral. Why did join her? A foolish mistake, to listen to her calls.

9/10

I seemed to be the only one paying attention enough to know how dangerous she really was. Oh, Jade, you should have listened to me. I used to admire you, you were the only one brave enough to go near her… However foolish you were, I still loved you as a man ought to love his wife. That was what the vows were for, right? I’m smiling as I write this letter to you, though I know you’ll never read it. My smile vanished as I remember why I’m writing you this letter in the first place. If it’s ever read, I hope to know why you’re gone. Why you left me here, in this cold, wretched place; why you made that fateful choice that spun all of our lives around in this sickening spiral. Why did join her? A foolish mistake, to listen to her calls. Oh, [name_f]Jade[/name_f], what a foolish girl you are.

10/10

next person: start a new one!

1 Like

“[name_f]Miri[/name_f]? That’s no ordinary jem,” [name_u]Evan[/name_u] said softly as he brushed his fingers over the pale yellow crystal I held.

Miri? That’s no ordinary jem,” Evan said softly as he brushed his fingers over the pale yellow crystal I held.
I met his eyes, startled to see their gentle lightness clouded by fear; he looked to me a deer staring down the barrel of a shotgun.

2/10

Miri? That’s no ordinary jem,” Evan said softly as he brushed his fingers over the pale yellow crystal I held.
I met his eyes, startled to see their gentle lightness clouded by fear; he looked to me a deer staring down the barrel of a shotgun.
However, there was something different about his voice now, a kind of hunger, and for some reason it made me a little uneasy. I had a sudden urge to pull away, to keep the precious crystal away from those hands- hands that had comforted me so many times but now frightened me.

However, there was something different about his voice now, a kind of hunger, and for some reason it made me a little uneasy. I had a sudden urge to pull away, to keep the precious crystal away from those hands- hands that had comforted me so many times but now frightened me. Of course, [name_u]Evan[/name_u] regretted his betrayal, and he’d apologized more times than I could count, but I still was unsure.

4/12

1 Like

However, there was something different about his voice now, a kind of hunger, and for some reason it made me a little uneasy. I had a sudden urge to pull away, to keep the precious crystal away from those hands- hands that had comforted me so many times but now frightened me. Of course, Evan regretted his betrayal, and he’d apologized more times than I could count, but I still was unsure.
“No, no it’s just a citrine,” I said quickly, but I could tell he didn’t buy it.

5/12

However, there was something different about his voice now, a kind of hunger, and for some reason it made me a little uneasy. I had a sudden urge to pull away, to keep the precious crystal away from those hands- hands that had comforted me so many times but now frightened me. Of course, Evan regretted his betrayal, and he’d apologized more times than I could count, but I still was unsure.
“No, no it’s just a citrine,” I said quickly, but I could tell he didn’t buy it.
His eyes softened, and he said so quietly I could hardly hear, “I don’t deserve your trust, but I ask for it anyway.”

6/12

His eyes softened, and he said so quietly I could hardly hear, “I don’t deserve your trust, but I ask for it anyway.”
I cursed myself for being so susceptible to his charms, but still the words came: “It was hers.”

7/12

I cursed myself for being so susceptible to his charms, but still the words came: “It was hers.”
“[name_f]Miriam[/name_f], I don’t want any more information, please - I’m scared of what I may do with it.”

8/12

“[name_f]Miriam[/name_f], I don’t want any more information, please - I’m scared of what I may do with it.”
In spite of what he had done— what I knew he had done— I found myself being swept away once again by his voice. He is manipulating me, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t sincere.

10/12

In spite of what he had done— what I knew he had done— I found myself being swept away once again by his voice. He is manipulating me, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t sincere. Overwhelmed, I let out a strangled moan, loud enough that even [name_u]Evan[/name_u] flinched away.

11/12

Miriam, I don’t want any more information, please - I’m scared of what I may do with it.”
In spite of what he had done— what I knew he had done— I found myself being swept away once again by his voice. He is manipulating me, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t sincere. Overwhelmed, I let out a strangled moan, loud enough that even Evan flinched away.
“You ruined my life and want forgiveness?” I shouted, tears beginning to fall.

12/15

“[name_f]Miri[/name_f]? That’s no ordinary gem,” [name_u]Evan[/name_u] said softly as he brushed his fingers over the pale yellow crystal I held.
However, there was something different about his voice now, a kind of hunger, and for some reason it made me a little uneasy. I had a sudden urge to pull away, to keep the precious crystal away from those hands- hands that had comforted me so many times but now frightened me. Of course, [name_u]Evan[/name_u] regretted his betrayal, and he’d apologized more times than I could count, but I still was unsure.
In spite of what he had done— what I knew he had done— I found myself being swept away once again by his voice. He is manipulating me, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t sincere. Overwhelmed, I let out a strangled moan, loud enough that even [name_u]Evan[/name_u] flinched away.
I gripped the crystal, raising my left arm towards the cotton candy sky, the sharp edges cutting into my palm, hot tears spilling onto the ground below, and flung the accursed thing into the unforgiving sapphire sea, dooming the gem to the same fate my mother suffered.

Miri? That’s no ordinary gem,” Evan said softly as he brushed his fingers over the pale yellow crystal I held.
Miriam, I don’t want any more information, please - I’m scared of what I may do with it.”
In spite of what he had done— what I knew he had done— I found myself being swept away once again by his voice. He is manipulating me, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t sincere. Overwhelmed, I let out a strangled moan, loud enough that even Evan flinched away.
I gripped the crystal, raising my left arm towards the cotton candy sky, the sharp edges cutting into my palm, hot tears spilling onto the ground below, and flung the accursed thing into the unforgiving sapphire sea, dooming the gem to the same fate my mother suffered. The fate that [name_u]Evan[/name_u] had bestowed upon her.
[name_u]Evan[/name_u] tricked her. But he would not trick me.
[name_u]Jan[/name_u]. 5 2021
Next person start a new one

1 Like

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it .

1/10

1 Like

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. [name_f]My[/name_f] twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her.

2/10

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. [name_f]My[/name_f] twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her. Her hand, a exact replica of mine, reached into the duffel bag at her side. With shaking fingers she extracted a shiny black pistol, and pointed the gun directly at my forehead.

3/10

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. My twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her. Her hand, a exact replica of mine, reached into the duffel bag at her side. With shaking fingers she extracted a shiny black pistol, and pointed the gun directly at my forehead. Her lips moved soundlessly— a curse, perhaps, or a plead for forgiveness.

4/10

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. My twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her. Her hand, a exact replica of mine, reached into the duffel bag at her side. With shaking fingers she extracted a shiny black pistol, and pointed the gun directly at my forehead. Her lips moved soundlessly— a curse, perhaps, or a plead for forgiveness.
I fell suddenly to my knees, dizzy, and with one thought running through my head - Is this the end? There was no sound at all, a sorry way to die, but alas.

9/10