Add One Sentence

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. Just like that.
She only has seven minutes until the poison takes her life anyway.
I couldn’t sleep that night. I don’t know why. So I went outside and picked up my sword to practice by the moonlight.
I find relief in the familiar movements, my body moving without a thought. I swing, step back, and block, pretending someone is there, just as I used to when I was young. I gaze drifts from the gleaming blade in my hand and turns to the trees, the moon illuminating something moving.
I whip my head around, but see nothing. Yet, whispers seem to drift in the breeze.
A thin shaft of moonlight catches the edge of something metal, and the breath is sucked out from my lungs. Twila steps out from beneath the forest canopy, invading moonlight outlining her features in a nightmarish silhouette. Her once radiant umber brown skin is flushed with a green pallor and her wavy midnight black hair falls pin-straight and limp across her shoulders. Her pewter gray eyes however, shine as fiercely as ever, rivaling the metallic gleam of her unsheathed talwar. Ornate carvings and semi-precious stones litter the golden handle and leather sheath. I know the weight of that sword, the feel of the blade between your fingertips, the sound it makes when it cuts through the air and when it cuts through flesh. I know that sword, for I hold it’s perfect twin in my right hand.
“I’m sorry,” I whispered, truly meaning it now. And as I said those words, Twila’s eyes softened. Yet, she approached me, sword drawn.
Try as I might, I could not lift my own weapon. It was lead in my hand.
But my heart didn’t race. I deserved this, I knew.
And then Twila was close enough that I should have felt her breath. And she dropped the sword at my feet and faded into the moonlight.
I knew, then, that Twila wasn’t going to kill me. She was going to haunt me.

9/10

1 Like

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. Just like that.
She only has seven minutes until the poison takes her life anyway.
I couldn’t sleep that night. I don’t know why. So I went outside and picked up my sword to practice by the moonlight.
I find relief in the familiar movements, my body moving without a thought. I swing, step back, and block, pretending someone is there, just as I used to when I was young. I gaze drifts from the gleaming blade in my hand and turns to the trees, the moon illuminating something moving.
I whip my head around, but see nothing. Yet, whispers seem to drift in the breeze.
A thin shaft of moonlight catches the edge of something metal, and the breath is sucked out from my lungs. Twila steps out from beneath the forest canopy, invading moonlight outlining her features in a nightmarish silhouette. Her once radiant umber brown skin is flushed with a green pallor and her wavy midnight black hair falls pin-straight and limp across her shoulders. Her pewter gray eyes however, shine as fiercely as ever, rivaling the metallic gleam of her unsheathed talwar. Ornate carvings and semi-precious stones litter the golden handle and leather sheath. I know the weight of that sword, the feel of the blade between your fingertips, the sound it makes when it cuts through the air and when it cuts through flesh. I know that sword, for I hold it’s perfect twin in my right hand.
“I’m sorry,” I whispered, truly meaning it now. And as I said those words, Twila’s eyes softened. Yet, she approached me, sword drawn.
Try as I might, I could not lift my own weapon. It was lead in my hand.
But my heart didn’t race. I deserved this, I knew.
And then Twila was close enough that I should have felt her breath. And she dropped the sword at my feet and faded into the moonlight.
I knew, then, that Twila wasn’t going to kill me. She was going to haunt me.
And that would hurt me more than any sword would.
(10/10)

1 Like

That would hurt me more than any sword would.” Her voice was quiet, the slight foreign hiss of it as startling as it was when he first met her.

(1/10)

(Is this how you start these? I’d forgotten about this thread)

1 Like

That would hurt me more than any sword would,” her voice was quiet, the slight foreign hiss of it as startling as it was when he’d first met her.
“That was what I intended darling, you doing everything I needed you to, including falling in love with me.”

That would hurt me more than any sword would,” her voice was quiet, the slight foreign hiss of it as startling as it was when he’d first met her.
“That was what I intended darling, you doing everything I needed you to, including falling in love with me.” Barnaby’s handsome brown eyes bore into her own violet ones, seeming to read every thought in her lovestruck mind.

That would hurt me more than any sword would.” Her voice was quiet, the slight foreign hiss of it as startling as it was when he’d first met her.
“That was what I intended darling, you doing everything I needed you to, including falling in love with me.” Barnaby’s handsome brown eyes bore into her own violet ones, seeming to read every thought in her lovestruck mind.
“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me…I killed him [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”

That would hurt me more than any sword would.” Her voice was quiet, the slight foreign hiss of it as startling as it was when he’d first met her.
“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me…I killed him Barnaby, wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”
He laughed cruelly. “Fair? Enough? Those are the words heroes use. We are not heroes.”

“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me… I killed him [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”
He laughed cruelly. “Fair? Enough? Those are the words heroes use. We are not heroes.”
“You used to be sweet,” she whispered. “Genuine, too. What happened?”

“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me… I killed him Barnaby, wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”
He leaned impossibly close, daring her to comment on the cliché she knew was coming. “You did.”

6/10

“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me… I killed him [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”
He leaned impossibly close, daring her to comment on the cliché she knew was coming. “You did.”
She turned away as he leaned in to kiss her. “I never wanted to hurt anyone.”

7/10

“But this isn’t fair, I did all the things you asked of me… I killed him Barnaby, wasn’t that supposed to be enough for you?”
“Then why did you do it?” His voice was deceptively curious – he knew exactly why she’d done it all, even if she wasn’t entirely sure herself.

8/10

“Then why did you do it?” His voice was deceptively curious – he knew exactly why she’d done it all, even if she wasn’t entirely sure herself.
“You know” she whispered her voice hoarse, what he knew and she didn’t was killing her. Slowly breaking a person who had already been broken.

“You know” she whispered her voice hoarse, what he knew and she didn’t was killing her. Slowly breaking a person who had already been broken.
“I’m done,” she mumbled, almost inaudibly. “No matter what you do to me, I’m done.”

10/10

[name_u]New[/name_u] story!

The snow came down hard on the fell that year, blanketing the countryside in the suffocating embrace of winter.

1/10

@anniebrown01 remember, you’re supposed to use the last sentence to start a new story

“No matter what you do to me, I’m done.” [name_f]Reina[/name_f] snatched up her pale pink apron, brand new, and flung it over her shoulder.

1 Like

“No, stop!” The dirty, unwanted girl in the corner reached out to [name_f]Reina[/name_f] with trembling fingers. “Don’t leave me with him! I can’t-”

“You can’t what?” Asked [name_f]Reina[/name_f], angrily. “Your the one who made this all happen!” She looked at [name_u]Idris[/name_u] in the corner. He smirked.

1 Like

“No matter what you do to me, I’m done.” [name_f]Reina[/name_f] snatched up her pale pink apron, brand new, and flung it over her shoulder.
“No, stop!” The dirty, unwanted girl in the corner reached out to [name_f]Reina[/name_f] with trembling fingers. “Don’t leave me with him! I can’t-”
“You can’t what?” Asked [name_f]Reina[/name_f], angrily. “Your the one who made this all happen!” She looked at [name_u]Idris[/name_u] in the corner. He smirked.
“She’s right, Asha.” The handsome young man crossed his arms and took a step toward them. “You made a choice, and you chose me.”

4/10

1 Like

“No matter what you do to me, I’m done.” Reina snatched up her pale pink apron, brand new, and flung it over her shoulder.
“No, stop!” The dirty, unwanted girl in the corner reached out to Reina with trembling fingers. “Don’t leave me with him! I can’t-”
“You can’t what?” Asked Reina, angrily. “Your the one who made this all happen!” She looked at Idris in the corner. He smirked.
“She’s right, Asha.” The handsome young man crossed his arms and took a step toward them. “You made a choice, and you chose me.”
“Because you we’re the best option!” Asha wailed. “But I was your best friend.” Reina said, with a confused look on her face. Asha and Idris shared a look.

5/10

1 Like

“Because you were the best option!” [name_f]Asha[/name_f] wailed. “But I was your best friend.” [name_f]Reina[/name_f] said, with a confused look on her face. [name_f]Asha[/name_f] and [name_u]Idris[/name_u] shared a look.
Without another word, [name_f]Asha[/name_f] heaved herself down onto a barstool, burying her face in her dust-covered hands. Idris’ dark eyes darted between the two girls, then finally rested on [name_f]Reina[/name_f].

6/10

1 Like