Add to the story! 🍃

Hi fellow writer berries! :grin:
I absolutely love @autumn.leaves post, ‘Add to the story in Amharic.’ :green_heart:
So this is an idea inspired by her post!
Were going to write a story together, one sentence at a time. :hugs: I’ll leave the decision of when to close the story and start a new one up to you guys. If you think it’s getting boring, or not really going anywhere, then just stop and start fresh.
Xx

I’ll start-

“Savannah!” A scream echoed through the air as gunshots rang painfully in my ear.

3 Likes

“Savannah!” A scream echoed through the air as gunshots rang painfully in my ear.
I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent.

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that Jack would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. My breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago.

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. [name_f]My[/name_f] breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it.

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. [name_f]My[/name_f] breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it. [name_f]My[/name_f] hands trembling, I placed it around my throat, but the clasp scratched against my neck, and I dropped it in surprise, not able to move, but able to watch it get trampled underneath the other rebel’s boots.

hey I just wanted to ask when dowe finish the story and start a new one, or do we stick with this one?

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. [name_f]My[/name_f] breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it. [name_f]My[/name_f] hands trembling, I placed it around my throat, but the clasp scratched against my neck, and I dropped it in surprise, not able to move, but able to watch it get trampled underneath the other rebel’s boots. Pain cripples me. It was probably the only thing I had left of [name_u]Jack[/name_u]. “Savannah, answer me!” I heard. All hope was not lost. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] was still alive.

@Vintage_Vibes

I should have mentioned that! I’ll leave that decision with you guys. If you feel the story has nothing much to give, go ahead and start a new one!

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that Jack would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. My breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it. My hands trembling, I placed it around my throat, but the clasp scratched against my neck, and I dropped it in surprise, not able to move, but able to watch it get trampled underneath the other rebel’s boots. Pain cripples me. It was probably the only thing I had left of Jack. “Savannah, answer me!” I heard. All hope was not lost. Jack was still alive. I desperately wanted to answer him but this had happened too many times before and I knew what would happen if I betrayed my hiding place.

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. [name_f]My[/name_f] breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it. [name_f]My[/name_f] hands trembling, I placed it around my throat, but the clasp scratched against my neck, and I dropped it in surprise, not able to move, but able to watch it get trampled underneath the other rebel’s boots. Pain cripples me. It was probably the only thing I had left of [name_u]Jack[/name_u]. “Savannah, answer me!” I heard. All hope was not lost. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] was still alive. I desperately wanted to answer him but this had happened too many times before and I knew what would happen if I betrayed my hiding place. I shuffled carefully along the floor and I threw a pebble at jack’s ankle.

I grimaced and crouched behind a crumbling brick wall, hoping that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] would be able to find me even though I had to be silent. [name_f]My[/name_f] breaths coming shakily, I traced a finger over the necklace he had given me months ago. It must of cost a fortune, especially in these times, it was smooth and silver, with mine and his initials carved into it. [name_f]My[/name_f] hands trembling, I placed it around my throat, but the clasp scratched against my neck, and I dropped it in surprise, not able to move, but able to watch it get trampled underneath the other rebel’s boots. Pain cripples me. It was probably the only thing I had left of [name_u]Jack[/name_u]. “Savannah, answer me!” I heard. All hope was not lost. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] was still alive. I desperately wanted to answer him but this had happened too many times before and I knew what would happen if I betrayed my hiding place. I shuffled carefully along the floor and I threw a pebble at Jack’s ankle. He looked around in surprise, searching his surroundings until he saw me grinning up at him.

1 Like

[name_u]New[/name_u] sentence!!

The rays of the early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road.

1 Like

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment.

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road.

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road. [name_f]My[/name_f] head swims with remembered pain and I shake the memory from my mind.

1 Like

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road. My head swims with remembered pain and I shake the memory from my mind. If I couldn’t focus, I’d surely be dead by morning.

1 Like

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road. [name_f]My[/name_f] head swims with remembered pain and I shake the memory from my mind. If I couldn’t focus, I’d surely be dead by morning. I forced my eyes to zero back on the van getting progressively smaller.

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road. My head swims with remembered pain and I shake the memory from my mind. If I couldn’t focus, I’d surely be dead by morning. I forced my eyes to zero back on the van getting progressively smaller. Shit- it was leaving.

The rays of early summer sun reflected off the windows of the old minivan as it made its trek through the familiar twists and turns down the gravel road. I watched it with eyes like a hawk, waiting for the right moment. I remembered the journey exactly as it was last year, every single speed bump, narrow road and branch in the road. [name_f]My[/name_f] head swims with remembered pain and I shake the memory from my mind. If I couldn’t focus, I’d surely be dead by morning. I forced my eyes to zero back on the van getting progressively smaller. Shit- it was leaving. Leaving just as I was coming, but was it even what I needed after these moments?

[name_u]New[/name_u] Sentence:

I never expected my dog to start talking.

I never expected my dog to start talking. His face contorted in a way that sent chills down the back of my neck- it almost reminded me of a skinwalker.

1 Like