Adding friends?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I wasn’t too active before the forum update, but as I understand it users were able to add friends. I searched for an “add friend” button on different users’ profiles or a “friends list” on my own account. I turned up empty-handed. Is that feature still available? Or do I need to be a Senior Member before I gain that feature? Any help is appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t believe that feature is included on this new platform (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @the_common_fool, and welcome back!

@grackym is right, the friend/follow feature is not included as standard on this new platform. However, it may be something we could add back in via a plugin if there was sufficient demand and community value in doing so.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

9 Likes

I would! I have to admit, I liked being able to follow some of my friends’ threads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, okay! Thank you for the help and welcome :slight_smile: I would enjoy being able to follow users with the same name preferences and things like that, but I would live if there wasn’t a lot of demand. Perfectly understandable!

1 Like

I would absolutely vote for the return of some of the friends functionality. I miss being able to see all the topics and replies from my friends on my homepage instead of having to search for their posts individually.

3 Likes

I would be totally up for that!

3 Likes

Same here if possible

1 Like

YESSSSS!!! I was so sad to lose that function!!

1 Like

There is a plugin I have found which is similar to the old function; I will ask our tech team if it’s possible to add it in.

11 Likes

I liked this feature and would love to ‘follow’ people with similar interests/naming trends!

3 Likes

I will bump this request @LynnG

2 Likes

Thanks @katinka!

1 Like

That feature would be great!

sorry to bump this, but I’d also be interested in a friend function!

1 Like

it’s been a while but, seeing as this hasn’t been added yet (not to my knowledge) i decided to reply.
yes yes yes yes!!!
it would be incredible to get notifications for specific users and to be able to follow someone instead of having to bookmark their threads.

1 Like

Me! I stalked nameberry before I got old enough to join (before the sight update), but I’d be happy to see this make a comeback!

2 Likes