Adele

[name]Do[/name] you think this name is becoming “trendy”? I am afraid it will be overused. It has jumped in popularity so dramatically. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, definitely. [name]Adelaide[/name] is growing as is [name]Addison[/name], so by proxy I’d imagine [name]Adele[/name] will grow too. I’ve been hearing more of it on the boards lately. Plus, the artist, who I love, is drawing a lot of attention to the name in a good way. It’s a great one.

Similar…

[name]Della[/name]
[name]Delta[/name]
[name]Adella[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] (also uberpopular now)

Yes I think it already is trendy. I only see it getting more popular too.

I haven’t actually met any. I think it could be an issue in 5-6 years, but I wouldnt worry about it. I dont think it will be [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Emma[/name]

I think it will gain in popularity but I don’t think it will ever become trendy. It has grown a lot more popular because of the singer, though.

It’s definitely becoming more popular, but I doubt it would ever be considered “trendy” since (in my opinion) it’s a solid, classic name. It might be one of those names that’s looked back on as a “early 2000s” name though. Kind of like my own name, [name]Amanda[/name], which is viewed as a late 70s, early 80s name now - even though it’s an older, classic name.

I agree with the previous poster. Being a newly coined surname-“name”, [name]Addison[/name] is trendy. [name]Adele[/name] is centuries old and has been in consistent use throughout the years, so it’s nearly impossible for it to become trendy. [name]Even[/name] a name like [name]Emma[/name]-- it’s extremely popular, been in the top 10 for I think decades, but it’s almost as easy to imagine a baby [name]Emma[/name] as an [name]Emma[/name] who lived in the 19th century. [name]Adele[/name] is the same way, to me.

Anyway, I love [name]Adele[/name], it’s one of my new favorites. If you’re really worried, you could go with [name]Adela[/name], which seems less up-and-coming.

Adele wasn’t in the top 1,000 in 2009 and last year it was at No# 908 so I don’'t think you have to worry about the name in regards to popularity. Adele is a sweet, gorgeous name that has a long legacy. I wouldn’t even call it “popular” and it’s certainly not “trendy”.

I agree that it will never be ‘trendy’. I don’t consider [name]Olivia[/name] a trendy name even though it is a top ten name. Nevertheless, I completely agree w/ the poster that said about 5-6 years from now it will be more popular. It seems like an [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] - an older name that is seeing a resurgence. It will never be trendy, though. Trendy is today’s Harpers, [name]Kenzie[/name]/[name]Kinley[/name] etc, [name]Avery[/name]…names like these that have never really been popular before.