Adele?

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Adele[/name_f]? The name entered the US top 1000 again after the singer became popular, but it’s been fluctuating ever since. The association with [name_f]Adele[/name_f] the musician doesn’t bother me.

I like it but I much prefer [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], which I think can always be shortened to [name_f]Adele[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is very pretty! It calls to mind [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f]’s little [name_u]French[/name_u] pupil. But the association with [name_f]Adele[/name_f] does turn me off – the reason it’s not on my own list. Still, it’s a fabulous name! So if the singer association doesn’t bother you, then I see no issue with it whatever. I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Adele[/name_f] – so sweet and underrated.

1 Like

That’s what I’m liking about it… It’s sweet and elegant but under the radar right now.

1 Like

I love it! So sleek, yet feminine.

It’s a name that’s grown on me! I actually have known two Adeles - one a very old woman, and one a cool young mom.
I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is beautiful as a first, and really, really nice as a middle.

It’s a beautiful [name_u]French[/name_u] name. Other versions are [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelie[/name_f].

Personally, I prefer [name_f]Adelie[/name_f], but [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is very pretty, too.

I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is quite sweet, but since I came across the name [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] first, I can’t help but think of it as a little incomplete, even though it’s definitely it’s own full name.

I want to like it more than I do. With [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] in the top 100, it’s a great alternative. I was actually thinking about it the other day though and had the thought, “there can only be one [name_f]Adele[/name_f]”. Like what if a little [name_f]Adele[/name_f] also wanted to become a famous musician or something? But I guess they could also use their middle. It’s a bit like [name_m]Elvis[/name_m] or [name_m]Adolph[/name_m] something, the one figure eclipses the name for good.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Adele[/name_f]! It feels sleek and stylish, gentle and literary. It’s one of my favourites

I like [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. I dont think it sounds dated, due to the popularity of “[name_f]Addie[/name_f]” names. A name that does sound a bit more current though would be [name_f]Adela[/name_f] or [name_f]Adella[/name_f]. I love the nickname [name_f]Della[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. It’s such an elegant, fresh name. [name_u]Dell[/name_u] and [name_f]Della[/name_f] are gorgeous nicknames too.

I adore it! It’s sweet, elegant and fresh. I usually don’t care for [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or its variations, but [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is really beautiful. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a good international name - soft and easy to pronounce in other languages.

I much prefer the softer and less musically associated [name_f]Adela[/name_f].

Several people have commented to say they prefer a longer variant. I actually dislike longer names and prefer to stick to one- or two-syllable choices. But thanks for the feedback, everyone!