Adeline or Clara

• Adeline Olive
  • Clara Adeline

0 voters

Which name do you like best for Arabella Maeve’s little sister? Open to other suggestions too!

1 Like

I prefer Adeline Olive! Adeline is long, elegant and obscure like Arabella. Olive is sweet and has a great flow with Adeline. Clara Adeline seems too repetitive to me because of the back to back A sounds. I feel like Adeline Clara would flow better.

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but I think with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] added to it, it might be a mouthful

I voted for [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] although I adore [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] too. But with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] I definitely prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], although usable with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], feels a little too similar to it for me.

Both names are beautiful though, as is your daughter’s!

Both are gorgeous but I persoanlly prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

Another vote for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I actually like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] best, but I don’t like the double a sound at the end of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and beginning of [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], so I would switch the order.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

They’re both gorgeous. I see your problem! I did vote for [name_f]Clara[/name_f] though. I think in the interest of narrowing it down, maybe pick a new first initial. And [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] are about equally popular, but if you add in all of the Adelyns & Addisons, there are a million little Addies running around.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]!

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] flows better than [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as a name. Not to mention, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] goes better with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]. They each have distinct first initials and a Latinate vibe. Both are good choices though.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is lovely and goes so well.

I just realized that Arabella and Clara both have Ara in them, which makes them sound a little too close for sister names to me. I don’t mind the alliteration with Arabella and Adeline, they sound pretty together!

Thanks for everyone’s replies!

The ‘Ara’ in both [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] is the only thing that’s (slightly) worrying me, although not that much. [name_f]Do[/name_f] other people think this is an issue? Arabella’s nn is [name_u]Bell[/name_u], not [name_u]Ara[/name_u], [name_u]Ari[/name_u] etc.

I’m not worried about the A ending in [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and A beginning in [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] because most people won’t be using her mn.

Thanks!

1 Like

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is so sweet! I voted for her before realizing the question is which works better with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] Maeve… I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a bit better… bits of [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] seem similar due to the alliteration, but also different because [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] feels modern and romantic but [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] feels vintage and sweet to me? but I like how distinctive [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are, and they totally feel like sisters to me.

I’m still not changing my vote though because I adore [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is so incredibly sweet. :joy::joy:

ETA: totally missed the double ARAs with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] lol… I guess that is a fair argument, and makes me like [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] even more. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I should add, I’m in Australia where [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f], [name_u]Addison[/name_u] etc aren’t very common, not in the top 100 at least and I’ve only heard [name_u]Addison[/name_u] a couple times, so that’s not a problem luckily! [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is number 97 in my state and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] 87 :blush: I did like that [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] isn’t in the top 100 but I guess number 87 plus isn’t too bad. Not sure what I’ll decide!