Adeline vs Anneliese

See the results of this poll: Which is your favourite name?

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Adeline (ad-uh-LEEN) : 11 (28%)
  • Anneliese (an-uh-LEESE): 29 (73%)

I love [name]Anneliese[/name]! So pretty. I am just so-so with [name]Adeline[/name], and I prefer the -line prn. I like the -leen prn even less.

I think that [name]Adeline[/name] gets lost in the weeds with other similar names, ([name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Adele[/name], Adrielle, etc.), whereas [name]Anneliese[/name] stands on its own. [name]Both[/name] however, are very pretty options.

I love both (like [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name]) but I chose [name]Anneliese[/name], mainly because I don’t like the [name]Ad[/name]-uh-leen pronunciation.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I like [name]Annalise[/name] better. I voted for [name]Adeline[/name] though.

I prefer [name]Anneliese[/name] by a mile. I’ve always liked this name.

I really like [name]Adeline[/name]! though I think it sounds best if you try to say “add leen” the “eh” in the middle will come naturally, I also think people will catch on to the “leen” ending but you will probably have to repeat it once or twice which I don’t think is that big a deal. Ballade Pour [name]Adeline[/name] is a nice instrumental piece you might like - YouTube (I have no idea what’s with this pics in this video lol and I didn’t watch it in it’s entirety so I’m not sure what else is in it) :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Adeline[/name], and I like your pronunciation the most. [name]Anneliese[/name] is also great, though!

deleted post

[name]Annelise[/name] by far. It’s just so beautiful plus it’s been a favourite of mine for years. :slight_smile:

I always say [name]Adeline[/name] as ad-uh-[name]LINE[/name] so I see pn issues with it, so [name]Annelise[/name] is my pick

If it were [name]Ad[/name]-uh-line then I would have voted for that but because of the [name]Adeline[/name] pronunciation you have, I voted for [name]Anneliese[/name].