Adopting a little girl named Christina

We will most likely call her [name]Christa[/name] because although [name]Christina[/name] is lovely, I think it’s a little 80s.

I am unsure of a middle name. My children are [name]Connor[/name] [name]David[/name] and [name]Chelsea[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

We would like to honor my deceased mother in law who was like a mom to me. Her name was [name]Lorraine[/name]. Is [name]Loraine[/name] too dated? I was going to use [name]Joy[/name] because it is more in keeping with my children’s middle names.
However I really would like to honor my mother in law.

In [name]Christa[/name]/ [name]Christina[/name]'s country, there are no middle names. So I will not be dropping her middle name.

Is [name]Lorraine[/name] usable?

I think Christina is more timeless than Christa, which just makes me think of Crysta, the fairy from a '90s kids movie. I might call her Christa for short as a nickname but I wouldn’t actually legally change it from Christina which I think has more gravitas.

I love Rain/Raina. I’m not sure what to think of Lorraine but if its an important family name I’d try to work with it. Christina Lorraine doesn’t sound too bad. And Christina Raine doesn’t sound too off with Chelsea Grace.

Using [name]Christa[/name] instead of [name]Christina[/name] reminds me of using [name]Eliza[/name] instead of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Personally, I wouldn’t as the name feels incomplete and would stick to Christina. The name Christina feels timeless.

I think it would be nice to honor your mother-in-law. It will be a great start to make your new daughter feel included into the family.

A variation of [name]Lorraine[/name] may be:

[name]Lore[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Rain[/name]/ [name]Raine[/name]

Christina Lore sounds wonderful!

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!!!

No we were not going to change the name from [name]Christina[/name]. [name]Just[/name] use [name]Christa[/name] as a nick name. It will inevitably be shortened and out of [name]Chris[/name], [name]Christie[/name], [name]Tina[/name], or [name]Chrissie[/name] - [name]Christa[/name] sounds the best, at least to me.

[name]How[/name] is [name]Lore[/name] pronounced? I like [name]Raine[/name], but in my husband’s tradition,(Jewish) the person is not honored unless the first initial is the same. I like [name]Lorelei[/name], but is it too much of a mouthful with [name]Christina[/name]?

I am getting that [name]Lorraine[/name] is not ripe for a comeback. There is also the option of using her Hebrew name - [name]Leah[/name]. But is [name]Christina[/name] [name]Leah[/name] too sing song?

I like [name]Leah[/name] (I ought to, it’s one of my Hebrew names too…) but [name]Christina[/name] [name]Leah[/name] is a little singsong.

[name]Christina[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is simple but workable.
[name]Christina[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] is pretty.

I’m fond of [name]Lily[/name] but it may be too popular for you?

I like [name]Lilibet[/name]/[name]Lilibeth[/name] as well but it’s maybe too nicknamish. [name]Lillian[/name] is less so?

I see [name]Christina[/name] as beautiful and timeless! As a nickname, [name]Christa[/name] is very nice. I like [name]Lorraine[/name] too. Thumbs up for [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]. It’s a very lovely name!!!

I think [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is sweet. [name]Lorraine[/name] reminds me of the province in [name]France[/name] and is a fine, established name with lots of meaning to you. Who knows, it may even have a resurgence in popularity in a decade or so. You have way more leeway with middle names, in my opinion, as your child will not be going by this name on a daily basis.

[name]Christa[/name] is far more dated than [name]Christina[/name].

[name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] or [name]Christa[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is fine.

I think [name]Christa[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is great!

I really like the name [name]Christina[/name] and the meaning! I think [name]Christina[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is so stunning!!

I would use [name]Lorraine[/name]… event if it seems dated. I think giving her a family name is a great way to help [name]Christina[/name]/[name]Christa[/name] to feel incorporated into your family. Congratulations!

I adore [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]. I like that it’s an uneven amount of syllables. Also, the “a” at the end of [name]Christina[/name] stops both names from ending in the “n” noise.

My grandmother’s middle name is [name]Lorraine[/name] so I’ve been idolizing that name since I was very young. Maybe I’m biased, but I really love [name]Lorraine[/name] as a middle name.

I think [name]Christa[/name] is more dated than [name]Christina[/name] which is kind of a forgotten classic. I think [name]Christa[/name] isfine as a nn for [name]Christina[/name] though so there’s no reason to change it.

[name]Lorraine[/name] adds age/datedness to [name]Christa[/name] or [name]Christina[/name]. I think [name]Rain[/name] or [name]Raina[/name] are more modern. Maybe [name]Laine[/name] or [name]Lainey[/name]?

Is [name]Christian[/name] an option for you? [name]Christian[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] sounds modern to me.

Also if she is Russian I think [name]Kassia[/name] is the nn for [name]Kristina[/name]. This opens up [name]Cassie[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], ect as familiar possibilities if she is older/if familiarity concerns you.

But when you said no mns I assumed Russian so thought I would suggest [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] which I like.

[name]Christa[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] more dated than [name]Christina[/name]. [name]Christa[/name]/[name]Krista[/name] is a relic of the 80s. [name]Christina[/name] is timeless and elegant and I think [name]Chris[/name] is a cute, spunky nn. And I think [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] sounds lovely.

[name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is beautiful! I think the strong connection with your family is fantastic too :slight_smile:

I like [name]Joy[/name] in the middle. I also like taz’s suggestion of using [name]Cassia[/name] or [name]Kassia[/name] which is really pretty.

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS!!!WOW)

I think [name]Christina[/name] [name]Joy[/name] nn [name]Christa[/name] or [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] would be perfect. I agree that [name]Christa[/name] feels a bit dated to me as well.
I don’t know how old she is or who gave her the name [name]Christina[/name] so everything below is clearly speculation.
If her birth-mother named her [name]Christina[/name] it might be nice to keep that name so she has that connection. Especially, since it isn’t a name you seem to loath and [name]Christa[/name] could be a great nn to use for daily life. I think both [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Lorraine[/name] are a great way to welcome her into the family. [name]Joy[/name] because it’s so similar to [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lorraine[/name] because it’s a family name.
Otherwise something with the meaning of “gift” or “gods gift” might be nice. [name]Christina[/name] comes from [name]Christian[/name] -> [name]Christ[/name] being god’s gift to man. It’s a nice little connection. (maybe I’m over thinking this).

[name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is a great name. [name]Christa[/name] is NMS and seems way more dated than [name]Christina[/name].

Congratulations on your little girl! [name]Christina[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is very pretty. I would go with the full name unaltered.

My name is [name]Christina[/name] and in college and at work it was/is very hard to get anyone to call me anything but [name]Christina[/name]. You would think people would look for a nn but they don’t seem to. I even work with another [name]Christina[/name] and they insist on calling us both by the full name. I love my name though and wouldn’t ever think of changing it.