Adrian

I like this one because it feels familiar (like [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]/[name_u]Aiden[/name_u]) but it’s not super popular. However, even though it’s spelled differently than the female form [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f], it still feels feminine to me. What do you think? A more masculine mn would probably make it better, I think.

I adore [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]. I don’t think of it as feminine, it sounds soft and kind to me. :slight_smile:

I consider it neutral, as I know both men and women with the name. Personally I prefer it on a boy, and I would definitely go with a masculine middle to help balance it.

All-boy to me spelled that way, and I love it!

That spelling is all boy, and the name is 100% unisex to me - it sounds great either way! It honestly comes off as masculine to me when presented on a male, but if I were to hear a girl with that name I wouldn’t think of her as masculine at all if that makes sense? Either way, it is a really good name that can work on anyone in my opinion.

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]!!

I think it’s handsome. I don’t find it feminine but gentlemanly!

I love [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]! It’s strong and sounds familiar but isn’t popular.

My son is [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] was my great uncle name
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] my fathers

I like it for a boy. Not feminine at all.

I love [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]!!! I know of two guys named this and have a positive association with it.

Disclaimer: I do like [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] too but I don’t actually know any…therefore, I do associate it as masculine.

I say go for it, but I’m biased. Actually, one of my favorite boy’s names is [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], which sounds like the feminine [name_f]Erin[/name_f].

I love [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], and it definitely seems masculine to me, with [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] being the feminine variation. On the other hand, maybe it’s like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]: the -enne ending is distinctly feminine, but the -an ending is ambiguous. Either way, [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] is very rare for girls, so most people will probably assume it’s a boy’s name.

If it’s not quite masculine enough for you though, perhaps you would like [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]? I like both names equally and I hadn’t thought about it before, but the H gives it a slightly harsher start so it may seem more obviously masculine.

I think [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] is masculine and [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] is feminine. [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] is a great name, I really like it.