Advice and Opinions Pretty Please

This is my current boy’s list, I would really appreciate any and all thoughts to help me narrow it down. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Thor[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jack[/name]. It’s adorable.
[name]Alexander[/name]- I like, [name]Alexander[/name], and I love the fact that there are SO many nicknames to choose from. Personally, I’d use [name]Axel[/name], but I like [name]Xan[/name] and [name]Xander[/name] too.
[name]Sebastian[/name]- Not my cup of tea. I just think of the crab in the [name]Little[/name] Mermaid.
[name]Theodore[/name]- I like it. Not enough to use myself, but it’s a nice name.
[name]Harrison[/name]- I like this too.
[name]Gideon[/name]- For some reason, I can’t get behind [name]Gideon[/name]. Something about it sounds very grunt-y to me.
[name]Warren[/name]- It’s okay. I kind of get a middle-aged vibe, but it isn’t that bad.
[name]Thor[/name] - Too viking for my taste.
[name]Caius[/name]- I love this too! [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cai[/name], and [name]Caius[/name] is a bit more formal, which I like.
[name]Axel[/name] - I didn’t even realize this was on your list when I suggested it for [name]Alexander[/name]! But I love it.
[name]Peter[/name]- I like this, but I think I like it more as a middle.
So my suggestion would be [name]Alexander[/name], nn [name]Axel[/name]. I think it’s a great idea (if he doesn’t like having a “weird” name like [name]Axel[/name] he can always switch to [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name]) and you get to use two names you love- sounds like a win-win to me!

My favorites are [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Gideon[/name].

Good luck!

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]: Can’t go wrong here, but it’s not very interesting
[name]Alexander[/name]: I like the suggestion of the nn [name]Axel[/name]. Spices it up a bit
[name]Sebastian[/name]: I think we all have a soft spot for this name thanks to the Neverending [name]Story[/name] but, when in use, I never like it as much as I thought i would.
[name]Theodore[/name]: I am seeing this name everywhere these days so that could mean that it’s the new [name]Henry[/name]. Which isn’t really a bad thing since it’s a classic and classics never seem overly trendy.
[name]Harrison[/name]: I think this is a nice strong name
[name]Gideon[/name]: sounds like giddy-up to me
[name]Warren[/name]: This is one you don’t see much but I think it has some appeal. I like it but I don’t love it
[name]Thor[/name]: Could be a nn for theodore
[name]Caius[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it. probably m favorite of all your choices
[name]Axel[/name]: I like this name. it’s got real rock’n’roll appeal but also an air of legitimacy about it
[name]Peter[/name]: Totally underused classic. This would be another favorite

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name] - I prefer [name]Jack[/name]. It’s a strong name
[name]Alexander[/name] - It has good potential nicknames, but I don’t care for the long name as much.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - I’ve never liked this. I’ve met several kids with it recently and I still can’t make myself like it.
[name]Theodore[/name] - This is worse than [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] - This is cute. There’s a boy in my son’s preschool class with this name. You’d just have to watch out for “[name]Harry[/name]” as a nickname.
[name]Gideon[/name] - “Giddy-up” is all this makes me think of.
[name]Warren[/name] - Very cute
[name]Thor[/name] - This is okay, but not my favorite.
[name]Caius[/name] - Too Twilight for me.
[name]Axel[/name] - Very cute and fairly trendy right now.
[name]Peter[/name] - I think of a redhead with head gear when I hear [name]Peter[/name].