Advice for Gender Neutral Name Change

Hi, I’ve posted about this before. I’m considering going by a more gender neutral name. My current name is very common and very feminine and I don’t identify with it much. I do like that it’s fairly international and easy to spell. It’s sort of in the realm of Olivia, Amelia, Isabella, etc.
Anyway, the top name I’ve been considering is Shil0h. My only drawback is the connections - I read on NB that it’s associated with a Civil War battle and a biblical place. Do you think people would make this connection?
Other ideas welcome too. Something Hebrew/Israeli might be nice but not a must. I’m cool with uncommon or a little out there, but I still want it to sound like a name.
Also, if anyone has experience switching to a new name socially and would like to share, advice would certainly be appreciated!! :slight_smile: Thank you!!

Summary

To get a sense of my style, here are a few others I like besides Shil0h…
Navy
Aster
Ryan
Calla
Raine
Ellis

1 Like

I do think the battle and the biblical reference are there but not overwhelming, Personally I feel most people will associate the name more with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Jolie-pitt.

However i don’t think any of these asdociations are too over powering. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is a great choice!

1 Like

im so in the same boat :fist:

i honestly can never even remember what shiloh means, other than it’s hebrew and i like it :laughing:
i think it’s perfectly fine, and perfectly gender neutral!

i also give rain/raine a vote, the singer really sold me on it as a name :laughing:

on aster, i like it, but saying it out loud i fear it’ll just be heard as ‘esther’

calla is lovely, but i think understood to be more feminine, though you can get cal from it as well.

some other ideas:
eden
river
rio
callan
callahan
noa
soleil
solstice
sunny
romy
rune

ofc ive just forgotten every hebrew-israeli name ive ever known :person_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m outside of America so I can’t really comment on the Civil War association, but while I do know it’s a Biblical place, I see it first and foremost as a name that means peace, on that feels fresh and cool.

Ariel, Lior, Romi, Aspen, Kye, Jessie/Jesse, Shai/Shay, Liron and Amory came to mind

1 Like

so in the same boat i swear to god
i hate my name and it is also in that same realm :confused:

1 Like

My birth name is exactly like that too!! And I was in the same situation of yours, therefore, may I recommend you some choices I have pondered about: Sasha, Jessie / Jesse, Romy, Sora, Vanya?

1 Like