Advice? Narrowing down Boy and Girl choices

[name]Hi[/name] all! I’m pregnant, and we’ll be finding out if we’re having a little girl or little boy in a few months … in the meantime, we’re trying to narrow down our names so that we can enjoy getting used to our baby’s name once we know whether we’re expecting a he or a she! I have been reading nameberry for months, and would love your advice. Here are our top candidates - we’ve loved our two top choices for a few years now, but of course now that it’s real, I’m wondering about some other favorites we’ve had. Thank you in advance for any input you can provide!

Girl:
(top choice) [name]Simone[/name] Brittelle
[name]Maxine[/name] Brittelle
[name]Delphine[/name] Brittelle
[name]Theodora[/name] Brittelle

Boy:
(top choice) [name]Clyde[/name] Brittelle
[name]Clive[/name] Brittelle
[name]Dashiell[/name] Brittelle (pretty common name in our area)

[name]Hi[/name], and congratulations!
Girl: [name]Simone[/name]
Boy: [name]Clive[/name]

[name]Maxine[/name] Brittelle
and
[name]Cliff[/name] Brittelle (not on list)

CONGRATS!!
Great name choices!
[name]Simone[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name] are great top choices.
My personal favourites are [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Clive[/name]!

I vote for [name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name]!
[name]Clyde[/name] is one of my own all time favourites, and [name]Maxine[/name] is just so spunky and sounds great next to [name]Clyde[/name]!!
[name]Theodora[/name] is too long next to [name]Clyde[/name], I never liked [name]Simone[/name] for some reason, and [name]Delphine[/name] is a bit too delicate next to [name]Clyde[/name]…

[name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name] would make and AWESOME sibset!!

Thank you for your thoughts - this is really helpful to just get a sense of how others feel about these names. Eager to hear any more thoughts anyone has! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

[name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name]. Cool!

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

(top choice) [name]Simone[/name] Brittelle: I think this is gorgeous! :slight_smile:
[name]Maxine[/name] Brittelle: I love [name]Simone[/name] Brittelle more…
[name]Delphine[/name] Brittelle: I really love [name]Delphine[/name], but I think that [name]Simone[/name] works better, because with [name]Delphine[/name] Britelle, I hear a lot of “el.”
[name]Theodora[/name] Brittelle: I love [name]Theodora[/name], too! (I love your list…) When I say it out loud though, I love the sound of [name]Simone[/name] Brittelle more.

One more vote for [name]Simone[/name] Britelle. (Actually, make that two more votes, because I’m voting twice.) :slight_smile:

Boy:
[name]Clyde[/name] Brittelle: I [name]LOVE[/name] it! I think that [name]Clyde[/name] is great!
[name]Clive[/name] Brittelle: Oooh…I love this, too…
[name]Dashiell[/name] Brittelle (pretty common name in our area): I love [name]Dashiell[/name], too, but because the ending is so similar to Britelle’s, I’ll go with either [name]Clyde[/name] or [name]Clive[/name].

(I honestly can’t choose between [name]Clyde[/name] of [name]Clive[/name]…If I choose [name]Clyde[/name], I’ll hurt [name]Clive[/name]'s feelings, and vice versa.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

If you are undecided about [name]Clyde[/name] vs. [name]Clive[/name], I would recommend [name]Clyde[/name]. I think there might be more name mix-ups in store for a [name]Clive[/name]. The V sound in [name]Clive[/name] is less distinct and clear than the D sound in [name]Clyde[/name]. With [name]Clive[/name], people may think they heard the more familiar name [name]Clyde[/name]. Also, virtually everyone knows how to spell [name]Clyde[/name], but people may not instinctively know how to spell [name]Clive[/name]. Another potential difficulty with [name]Clive[/name], in some fonts, at a glance, [name]Clive[/name] can look a lot like [name]Olive[/name].

[name]Simone[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] are my favorites. [name]Lovely[/name] names!!

I like [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name] best out of your girls names - they sound so French and romantic.

I’m really sorry but I’m not very keen on any of those boys’ names but if I had to vote I’d choose [name]Dashiell[/name].

Congratulations and Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Simone[/name], [name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] ([name]Theodora[/name], too, but not so much)
For a boy, I really like [name]Clive[/name], it goes well with your surname.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name]. Also like [name]Clyde[/name], it just seems like a cooler trendier alternative to [name]Clive[/name]. Good luck:)