Advice needed!!!

Okay, so my best friend just had her little boy and she still does not have a name for him! His father recently passed away. His name was [name]Shane[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], and she wants to give her son the middle name of [name]Shane[/name] after his father but can not pick a name that goes with it! Any suggestions will be welcome!
Please and thank you!

Hmmmm, something to go with the middle name [name]Shane[/name]…it might be helpful to put a few boys names that your friend maybe considered, just to get some sense of style, but here’s a few ideas:

These are all names that mean “warrior”, to give another connection to his father since [name]Alexander[/name] means “defender, warrior”

[name]Dustin[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Gunther[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Evan[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Harbin[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Lothar[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Marco[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Raynor[/name] [name]Shane[/name]

These are some other names from ancient history (including gods!), seeing as [name]Alexander[/name] the Great was the leader of the Macedonians who took over much of [name]Asia[/name] and the Middle [name]East[/name]

[name]Leonidas[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
Amyntas [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Apollo[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Nestor[/name] [name]Shane[/name]
[name]Philander[/name] [name]Shane[/name]

I hope these help! I think if your friend wants to be a little more adventurous, my favorites would be [name]Leonidas[/name] [name]Shane[/name] or [name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Shane[/name]. I know a couple who recently named their son [name]Leonidas[/name], and they love the history behind the name (google Sparta to learn more!) and the accessible nickname [name]Leo[/name]. I also just think [name]Zephyr[/name] is really cool! If she wants to be a little more mainstream, I love [name]Milo[/name] [name]Shane[/name], [name]Philip[/name] [name]Shane[/name], [name]Louis[/name] [name]Shane[/name], or [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Shane[/name]. [name]Milo[/name] was an Olympic athlete in ancient Greece, so that’s kind of a cool connection (plus this is my son’s name, so I can’t help vote for it :slight_smile: [name]Philip[/name] was [name]Alexander[/name]'s father, so that’s kind of a cool connection. [name]Louis[/name] is such a handsome name and brought back from stuffy, grandpa status by [name]Sandra[/name] Bullock. And [name]Gideon[/name] is a guilty pleasure name of mine that I think is so handsome and exciting.

Best of luck to your friend (and condolences for her loss)
[name]David[/name]

Thank you so much! These are the names that she liked but just could not choose.
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
She had these all on her list but just could not pick on but she really loves the names you suggested and is trying them out to see which one he loos like

[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Corin[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]

Hmmm, from her list, I really like [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Jude[/name]. Especially [name]Emmett[/name]. I know that some people are afraid of using it because of the Twilight books/movies, but honestly I think that teen-bopper connection will fade pretty fast, and all you will be left with is a handsome, handsome name :slight_smile: [name]Henry[/name] feels classic and strong, same with [name]Jude[/name], but I think [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Shane[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Shane[/name] sound best. [name]Jude[/name] [name]Shane[/name] is a little short, in my opinion. [name]Love[/name] [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] though.

Again, best of luck, narrowing down the names can be a tough choice!

I would vote for [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Shane[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]Shane[/name], or [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], if that’s helps her out.

[name]David[/name]