After 2 boys, a little sister

[name_f]Venus[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] arrived on Nov 19th, just hours after the lunar eclipse! She joins older brothers [name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] and [name_m]Eero[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Twilight[/name_u].

Though we went in with a handful of other first names, it was clear when saw her that [name_f]Venus[/name_f] was her name. Named for the evening star and the mother of [name_u]Rome[/name_u], not to mention one of our favorite places to visit in the world – the Castle of [name_f]Venus[/name_f] in Erice, [name_f]Sicily[/name_f] – we decided to just go for it, though we know others might think it’s a little intense. We also liked that the V tied it back to our eldest, [name_u]Levi[/name_u], and of course she’s the fifth member of our family.

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is both an homage to my husband’s mother and grandmother, both [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and a nod to our anniversary on [name_f]Dia[/name_f] de Los Muertos.

I’ve been writing poems to the moon since I was a kid, and one of Levi’s first words was “moon.” He even named his baby doll [name_f]Moon[/name_f] as a toddler, so in conjunction with the full moon/eclipse, it seemed fitting.

All in all, we’re over the moon for her!

50 Likes

[name_f]Venus[/name_f] is such a great feisty and strong name. I love how it’s balanced by the delightful [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and gentle [name_f]Moon[/name_f]. Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

congratulations, and what a lovely story behind her name!! :white_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada: Your children have stunning names! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Such a cool name.

1 Like

Congratulations! What a special name :yellow_heart:

1 Like

congratulations! the story behind her name is so sweet

1 Like

congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: Such a gorgeous name :two_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

How breathtakingly fabulous — both her name and the backstory :crescent_moon:

Congratulations and welcome little [name_f]Venus[/name_f]!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name

1 Like

I love her name and the meaning behind it! So sweet!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a gorgeous name!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

congratulations! her name is stunning!! welcome to the world, venus :heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Venus[/name_f]!
:stars: :blossom: :full_moon:

1 Like

Congratulations!! Wow her name is beautiful! I especially love Moon!!

1 Like

Stunning name! Congratulations!!

1 Like