After Labor Questions? Recommended baby books? :)

Alright! I’ve been trying to google different websites that talk about the time after giving birth / your babies first few weeks of being home. I haven’t had time to go to my doctor and confirm pregnancy, trying to find time around my busy schedule :slight_smile: but the home test said positive… so I am relying on that for now! Which is beside the question…

I’ve got lots of pregnancy questions, all of which I’ve seemed to be able to answer with some online searching. However, articles on that first week home don’t seem to be very easy to find :frowning: I’m thinking of stopping off at the bookstore after work one day and picking up some baby books. Which, by the way, I’d [name]LOVE[/name] some suggestions on your favorite books that you found most useful during your pregnancies! But, I would really like some information on whats going on after you’ve already given birth. Especially whats going on with your own body!

I know this is still a ways off before giving birth and everything. But I guess I’ve been getting a bit anxious at thinking about it! :frowning: I am excited for watching me and my baby grow during pregnancy, and the preparations. And I’ll be excited to meet my baby, and be a mother. The idea of giving birth scares me a little. But what scares me most is that first week after birth and what will be happening to MY body!! I don’t know very much about it, besides some ladies who’ve been kind enough to tell me about ripping during birth, hurting to sit down, and not to be crude, but the first time they pooed being a horrible experience! <3 And then engorgement worries me a bit… but the more I read about it, the less it frightens me. So I’m feeling like if I could hear from all you ladies who’ve already gone through this and tell me all about it? Feel free to write me to my profile! I haven’t found if there’s a personal message thing on the boards yet, but if there is, message me! And also, are there any books or websites you’d recommend?

Sorry this post is so long :frowning: and thank you in advance for all replies!! <3

I had a c-section so I can’t really answer your post-birth questions accurately, but I do have to say that a book I loved during my first pregnancy was “What to Expect the First Year.” With my first, having never had any experience with any baby, I was more concerned about what to do with the kid once I had it home more than anything :slight_smile: I had a different pregnancy book, which I believe is called “Your Pregnancy & You” or something similar, which I am re-reading for [name]Baby[/name] #2 :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely look into “What to Expect the First Year”! :slight_smile: I think I recall hearing about that book, actually! I am slightly concerned with what I’ll be doing with it once I bring it home… but I have babysat babies and all. [name]Just[/name] never a newborn… <3

And I’ll look up “Your Pregnancy & You” :slight_smile:

Thanks very much!! :slight_smile:

The Dr. Sears books are good for babies. For the first week (and many more), just count on nursing your baby around the clock and changing lots of diapers. As far as your recovery goes, the worst thing for me was always the bleeding. Sorry if this is a little gross, but no one ever talks about it. It might be nice having a break from your period for 9 months, but the postpartum bleeding makes up for it. It can last for up to 12 weeks. With my first, I think it lasted about 6 weeks. With my second, around 3-4, and about 3 weeks with my 3rd. Yuck. I also sweat a lot (especially at night) during the first postpartum week. It is unpleasant, but it helps get rid of all the water weight you gain while pregnant. I was lucky enough not to tear so I really wasn’t that sore and didn’t have any problems sitting down or anything like that. Also, with nursing, I wasn’t prepared for how messy it would be the first few weeks. Milk comes out of both breasts and can spray pretty far. I would hold a cloth diaper over the side I wasn’t feeding on and it would be soaked through by the time I was done. I also slept on a towel at night to absorb any leakage so I wouldn’t have to change the sheets. Hopefully this isn’t TMI, but its the yucky stuff that no one ever talks about. Good luck!

Oh, okay! I’ll definitely look up Dr. Sears books as well!! <3

Mmm, alright! Lots of nursing and diaper changes don’t sound too bad <3 Well, I guess when I’m all tired out from labor and exhausted from lack of sleep I may start saying differently :wink:

No one ever does talk about half the happenings of the mothers recovery! But oh dear… I was reading a checklist of things to bring home from the hospital and giant very absorbent pads were on there… and I assumed releasing amniotic fluids and all would eventually come… but that sounds like one long period!!! :frowning: 12 weeks is a lot!!! Thats good to know though… I had no idea it could last that long!! And ohh, so there will be lots of washing of sheets? Is it common to tear down there during pregnancy? Or does it just happen to a few and those few broadcast it more? But oh dear! I knew milk leaked and all… but it like, sprays?! I’ll make sure I’m prepared for that as well! I’m taking notes!!! :wink: And I’ll keep note of that to… sleep on a towel :slight_smile:

Thank you SO much!!! It all is gross, but its going to happen. And honestly, I really appreciate you telling me about it! It makes everything seem a little less scary when you at least know whats going to happen, so you can feel more prepared <3 thanks!!!

Yes! A lot of the postpartum experience isn’t that bad, but could terrify you if you’re not expecting it. My personal favorite is how right after giving birth, you still look pregnant. Not just “not-back-to-my-old-self-yet”, but seriously nine months pregnant. This is normal.

I’ve had 2 natural births and I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have :slight_smile: I think a lot of those books can be very unrealistic and the advice they give can be difficult to apply to real life situations.
I think asking women who’ve personally gone through it is better, but of course, its your own decision.

In my own experience, the first four weeks were a haze of pain (from a very minor vaginal tear, it didn’t even need stitches), feeding the baby and changing diapers. It also may take a few weeks to truly bond with your baby, don’t be shocked if you don’t bond instantly with him or her. That initial rush of love doesn’t happen for everyone, for some women, bonding for a few weeks is necessary.

Personally, apart from the first four weeks of getting to know baby, I found months 6-9 the hardest to deal with. By that age they’re old enough to throw their weight around and have tantrums, which can be hard to deal with! They also want to be entertained all the time, I remember missing the newborn days when the were content to either sit in my arms or their crib instead of demanding attention all the time!

[name]Hope[/name] that helped :slight_smile:

So I just found out I am expecting as well, and I did find this blog which had this article about what people never tell you. While it is rather scary, it’s written tongue-in-cheek which I find makes it a little easier to digest. Also, read the pages of comments after. I find it at least a little comforting that so many women have gone through this before and you and I will survive it too!

best of luck!

Thank you girls so very much!!!

I know if all these things had happened unexpectedly, I’d probably be terrified!

And [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Kate[/name], I do have some questions off the top of my head!!!

Firstly, how bad does your bottom tend to hurt after birth? I know everyone is different, and different situations happen in different labors. But does a slight tear make a HUGE difference in pain? [assuming you only tore in one birth? Or did you in both?]. Was it just uncomfortable pains? Or was it the type you stick on pain meds for because otherwise it wouldn’t be bearable? <3

Also, how common are tears? Does this happen to a lot of woman? And not to be tmi, but is there a general reason that tears occur? <3 I hope that doesn’t sound wrong!!! :frowning: But is it preventable? Or does it just happen to some woman? <3

For how long do you remain looking very pregnant? Such as the poster above saying you still look 9 months pregnant after birth… does it start shrinking a bit to not look to pregnant and to the “not-back-to-my-old-self-yet” likeness within like days, weeks, or months? <3

I have read that engorgement, improper latching, etc can all be really painful to you. But as Q1 was like, is it just really uncomfortable? Or is it really bad pain? <3

Does your bodies metabolism completely change after giving birth? Like, I am the type who’s got a very high metabolism, and I’ve never been overweight before. I just lose weight quick! I have done light exercising, like Yoga, before. And I plan to continue a pregnancy yoga soon enough. And after I give birth, and once I feel up to it, I’d like to do a Mommy and Baby sort of yoga class! I don’t expect to bounce right back into shape too soon, but in continuing regular exercise and all, would your body still burn fat away in the same way? Or does it all change? I am still very young. Well, not too young :wink: But a college age girl. And my metabolism hasn’t slowed yet…

Well, this is everything on my mind now!!! But if anything comes to your mind that you think I should know, I’d really love to hear it!! I really appreciate you being willing to answer these questions for me!!! :slight_smile:

Also, thank you so much Ange84! I will go read the article now!!! But the idea of so many others going through this before really is comforting<3 And apparently its not bad enough to prevent a second time around :wink: <3 Thank you!!

I think my best advice is to work out a Support network before you have the baby.
Personal Support: eg family/close friends who can make you some meals, help you with some cleaning and generally watch bub while you sleep a bit or drop off some shopping (maybe even BEFORE baby arrives!)
Medical support people: a great GP, Obstetrician who you see regularly, find a lactation consultant, local baby/materity care nurses
Community support: parenting groups for people with new babies, prenatal classes- eg yoga, birthing, breastfeeding.

The physical aspect of post baby can vary alot depending on your pregnancy, your own ability to heal and your baby.

For example: a healthy woman who has a full term natural birth with few drugs and good milk supply with a baby who attaches well will have a very different experience from say a woman who encounter pregnancy complications, emergency c-section with a tiny premature baby.

Enjoy your pregnancy, celebrate the changes and best of luck to you and your new addition.

emiliaj

I’m so happy to see so many questions! I’ll answer as best I can :slight_smile:

Firstly, how bad does your bottom tend to hurt after birth? I know everyone is different, and different situations happen in different labors. But does a slight tear make a HUGE difference in pain? [assuming you only tore in one birth? Or did you in both?]. Was it just uncomfortable pains? Or was it the type you stick on pain meds for because otherwise it wouldn’t be bearable? <3
I only tore for one birth, but my bottom was really sore after both. Sitting on ice packs eased the pain, but it was more of a “no matter how I sit this is so damn uncomfortable” kind of pain. It did ease quite quickly though. It stung, more than anything.

Also, how common are tears? Does this happen to a lot of woman? And not to be tmi, but is there a general reason that tears occur? <3 I hope that doesn’t sound wrong!!! :frowning: But is it preventable? Or does it just happen to some woman? <3
Tears occur when you push when your body isn’t ready for you to do so. That’s easy, just don’t push, right? Wrong! You will have the most overwhelming urge to push with all your might, but unless you’ve been told its okay to do by your doctor/midwife/doula, it can result in a vaginal tear. The tear happens because there isn’t enough space for the baby’s head to come through, but because huge amounts of pressure have been applied, it has torn.
They are fairly common, but heal quickly and can be very easily treated. That said, it also depends on how badly you tear. I know a lady who tore so badly she ended up in surgery after giving birth, she needed so many stitches.
On a side note, pushing before your supposed to can cause swelling to baby’s head, so keep that in mind.

For how long do you remain looking very pregnant? Such as the poster above saying you still look 9 months pregnant after birth… does it start shrinking a bit to not look to pregnant and to the “not-back-to-my-old-self-yet” likeness within like days, weeks, or months? <3
This of course, depends on the individual, as well as the weight of the baby. You can expect to instantly lose about 14 pounds straight after birth. The rest is subjective. Don’t beat yourself up about it, it took 9 months for you to grow so big, so expect 9 months for it to return back to normal.

I have read that engorgement, improper latching, etc can all be really painful to you. But as Q1 was like, is it just really uncomfortable? Or is it really bad pain? <3
This is quite painful and something I struggled with. Nipple shields and cream and amazing though, and helped a lot! There are usually breast feeding advisors at each hospital, I definitely recommend you consult one. I was about to give up when I spoke to mine and she gave me the motivation to keep going by showing me different techniques, and 6mos on we’re still going strong.
I also suggest investing in a breast pump.

Does your bodies metabolism completely change after giving birth? Like, I am the type who’s got a very high metabolism, and I’ve never been overweight before. I just lose weight quick! I have done light exercising, like Yoga, before. And I plan to continue a pregnancy yoga soon enough. And after I give birth, and once I feel up to it, I’d like to do a Mommy and Baby sort of yoga class! I don’t expect to bounce right back into shape too soon, but in continuing regular exercise and all, would your body still burn fat away in the same way? Or does it all change? I am still very young. Well, not too young :wink: But a college age girl. And my metabolism hasn’t slowed yet…
You say your college age so I’m guessing we’re around the same age…I just turned 23 a few months ago. I was never overweight either, and was always slim, regardless of my (sometimes bad) diet. The weight fell off within a couple of months with my first. I wasn’t so lucky with the baby, and I’m still carrying about 20 pounds extra weight that I can’t seem to lose. This might not apply to you, but the yoga sounds fantastic, both for fitness and bonding.

If you need me to elaborate further, let me know. I’ll be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Pregnancy and childbirth are two of my favourite topics! Also, if I may, I suggest you research delayed cord cutting. Its something I’m very passionate about, and it benefits both you and baby. Best of luck!

emiliaj, thanks! I know I have a little bit of personal support as is <3 My boyfriend, his family, and my two best friends will all be there for me. I haven’t announced it yet, as I am planning to wait until the end of the first trimester. But knowing them, I am expecting at least some encouragement and possibly some willingness to assist me when I need it! <3
I’ve got a doctors appointment scheduled for about two weeks from now. Such a long wait! But I have work and stuff taking up my time now <3 Grr, lol! But though me and my mother aren’t really close, she is a labor and delivery nurse. And I know if I asked she might be able to refer me to some good people! Though I want to wait to find my preferred doctors and all! <3 And I am DEFINITELY looking into some yoga classes! I’ve been into yoga for a while, and I know of a place nearby who offers it for a good price. And I’m definitely interesting in birthing classes and breastfeeding classes! And if I can get enough time out of my work schedule, I definitely would like to join a parenting group!
Thanks very much, emiliaj! I am so excited to see how things will be going!!

Lucy Kate… thanks so much!!! <3

Thats encouraging… that it eases up fairly quick :slight_smile: Cause I’m figuring pain is unavoidable from the nature of the situation, hehe! But at least if the pain doesn’t last for seemily EVER <3 I’ll make sure to have a supply of good ice packs ready!

Oh dear… so you basically have to resist the overwhelming urge to push until the doctor says its okay… Probably much easier said than done, but I’ll have to try and keep it in mind! <3 Though its good to know they heal fairly quickly as well! Unless one manages real bad tearing, I suppose :L And especially keep it in mind so the poor babies head doesn’t start swelling </3

Thats a really good point! Weight loss isn’t my biggest concern, to be honest. But I’m guessing it does happen to pass through every ladies mind! I suppose its all totally worth it once you get to have your own little baby in your arms-- even if it does take some woman a bit to create their bond!! (;

Is it more painful than your bottom feels? :open_mouth: I’m adding nipple shields and cream to my list of NEEDS right now!! And I’ll definitely make sure I consult one-- even if things are feeling like I don’t need one at the moment <3 I’m guessing that a high quality breast pump is definitely worth while? <3 And I’m glad its now working out better!!!

Yup! We are around the same age! <3 But if it fell of well with your first, then maybe seeing as this is my first I just might have the same luck! Though, I suppose its very understandable for it to be harder to lose weight after the second :slight_smile: Hopefully the yoga will do me justice! And I’ll look forward to the yoga bonding with baby<3

Pregnancy and childbirth fascinate me, to be honest!! Of course, it sounds a little bit frightening. But for now, its more so a nervous excitement!! <3 Babies have always been my favorite subject, along with names. But the more I’ve been reading up on pregnancy and childbirth, the more fascinating its becoming!! I look forward to learning more about it through experience!!! <3 I’ll definitely contact you if I come up with any more questions! And ohh, I’ll definitely go look it up! If it benefits both me and the baby, I can’t see why I wouldn’t want to! <3 Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! x

Mmm, alright! Lots of nursing and diaper changes don’t sound too bad <3 Well, I guess when I’m all tired out from labor and exhausted from lack of sleep I may start saying differently :wink:

Changing nappies didn’t bother me, but the endless (8+ hours per day including several times at night) nursing drove me nuts. Especially because until her tongue tie was diagnosed she was shredding my nipples and it was agony. Seriously, get a lactation consultant who can diagnose things like tongue and lip ties in at the first sign of trouble.

I was worried about my body post-baby too, but the reality is you’ll probably be too tired and preoccupied once the baby arrives to worry until further down the track.

As for books… sorry I don’t really read parenting books so not sure. I do like Dr Sear’s approach though - he has a good website too. Just please don’t read anything by Gina Ford! If you want to breastfeed, bf on demand and not having rigid routines is key, especially in the early days.

The best thing for me was going to antenatal classes - not for the dubious advice, but for the support network of friends.

Hello, congratulations on your pregnancy! It is so exciting isn’t it!! I miss being pregnant so much, but the first couple weeks after giving birth were really tough for me. I have two and after my first I had a very hard time emotionally and I wish that I was more prepared for that. I expected to have this instant love and all the amazing warm fuzzes you imagine you will have with your baby. But I had some complications and I did not get that immediate bond. I felt guilty and confused and then depressed. I think I was blindsided by the range of emotions - not all of them positive - that I had. After about 2 weeks, the fog cleared, I shed the expectations and regrets and finally bonded with my little one. With the second baby I was prepared for a wider range of possibilities and the experience was quite different and much more positive.

I tell you all of this because I think it is important to realize that emotions are very powerful forces and it is normal to feel a full range of emotions after the birth of a baby. Go easy on yourself and keep expectations in check. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about anyone but you and your baby either. Those first two weeks can be really hard but I did not have many people talk to me about that before hand. I think it is good you are asking about all this now!

good luck!!!
Lynae

My bottom just about killed me the first time around, but I was a special case (breathe a sigh of relief!) because I tore really badly. The doctor didn’t tell me what degree tear it was, but I suspect third (I think if it was a fourth degree tear he would’ve been stitching me up longer down there). He also didn’t tell me to get a comfortable pillow (like a donut pillow) to sit on. I think regardless this eases some of the pain. The second time around I didn’t tear nearly so badly, and my doctor (different doc) told me he was so sorry that I had torn and I was going to be in a lot of pain. When I went for my six week checkup I told him it was nothing compared to the first baby and he was so nice for telling me what to expect! So… Because I didn’t tear so badly the second time I healed MUCH more quickly, and within just a couple of days I was perfectly fine. I would say the first time around I was on a fair amount of pain killers, and the second time around I just used Advil or Tylenol for the pain. It’s like the pp described, a stinging pain. Be prepared for using a little bottle to squirt warm water in there, regardless of whether or not you tear. It helps to get the blood out from there, and you won’t be able to wipe with toilet paper for at least a few days. You will also need clean towels or washcloths you don’t mind getting dirty because that’s what you will pat yourself dry with.

Also, how common are tears? Does this happen to a lot of woman? And not to be tmi, but is there a general reason that tears occur? <3 I hope that doesn’t sound wrong!!! But is it preventable? Or does it just happen to some woman? <3
I read recently up to 80% of women tear. Of course, every woman is different in how much and where she tears, but usually they are not bad! You can prepare your body for birth and it will help you not to tear. I don’t remember what you use (I want to say vitamin E oil, though. You can look it up) but there is an oil that you can rub down there and it helps that skin to become a little more elastic and stretchy, and that will greatly decrease your chances of tearing.

OOh, tough question! Haha. With my first baby I had round ligament pain, so I wasn’t allowed to exercise, according to my doc. I desperately wanted to though, but it hurt so badly! And I had gestational diabetes, so I gained weight quickly and had really no way to keep it balanced until we figured out about the GD. Doc did the test late, so it wasn’t until I gained 15 pounds in one month that he did the test. (Grr…) Anyway, wouldn’t you know it, I still can’t lose those last 15 pounds!! With my second, I exercised like crazy. Okay, not like crazy, but I made absolutely sure to get in at least a 20-30 minute walk every day. I didn’t really do anything else. I only gained 22 pounds with #2, and by the time I left the hospital after he was born I only had 3-4 to lose. It was water weight and came off easily. Breastfeeding helps weight to come off, I have heard, but I don’t feel like from my own experiences that its true. But I know that the hormone you release while breastfeeding causes your uterus to contract (feels similar to menstrual cramps. Nothing like labor pain) and return to its normal size (yay!!!), which takes quite a while. That is part of the reason for the distended belly.

Improper latching is pretty painful, but you should meet with a lactation consultant right away. She will be a ble to identify any latching issues right away and tell you how to fix it. Both hospitals I have delivered at have sent one in to see me in the first couple of hours. They are wonderful.

Does your bodies metabolism completely change after giving birth? Like, I am the type who’s got a very high metabolism, and I’ve never been overweight before. I just lose weight quick! I have done light exercising, like Yoga, before. And I plan to continue a pregnancy yoga soon enough. And after I give birth, and once I feel up to it, I’d like to do a Mommy and Baby sort of yoga class! I don’t expect to bounce right back into shape too soon, but in continuing regular exercise and all, would your body still burn fat away in the same way? Or does it all change? I am still very young. Well, not too young But a college age girl. And my metabolism hasn’t slowed yet…
I was 22 when #1 was born and 24 when #2 was born, and have always had a fast metabolism. I am just now beginning to feel it slow down on its own. I really don’t think having babies changed my metabolism, although I did find that it has made it harder to lose weight. Maybe because I relied on my metabolism so much before, so I never was extremely physically active? Be aware though, that even if your metabolism doesn’t change, your body will. You might be a size 2-4 now, but you will likely be a 6 or so when your body returns to its new normal. I say new normal because it is so extremely unusual for a woman to return to her previous pant size after a baby is born. It’s not about determination and losing weight, your hips have widened for the baby and will never go all the way back to where they were. Sorry. :frowning: This was a big blow to me, no one prepared me for it.

I think it is so wonderful that you are asking questions! Like LucyKate, if you would like to ask more questions via PM, please feel free! I love to talk about pregnancy and babies and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

A warning about nipple shields - they’re helpful with certain nursing problems, but can make other nursing problems worse. (Think of how crutches are useful with a sprained ankle, but would only cause misery with a sprained wrist.) Please get professional advice before using a nipple shield.

I had this experience too. I eventually lost all my pregnancy weight, but my old pants still don’t fit because my hip bones themselves are bigger. I’ve also heard of women’s feet getting permanently wider during pregnancy.

:slight_smile: I love reading this post.
This is what I loved about becoming a mum. Suddenly people welcome you into “club mum”. :slight_smile:
Keep us posted about your Drs appointment, ultrasounds, EVERYTHING!!!
It is the most exciting time.
Enjoy!

emiliaj

milasmama, I’ll make sure to write that one down too!! [Hehe, I’ve got a notebook here where I’m taking notes of everything (;]. [name]Do[/name] most lactation consultants have at least general knowledge about things like tongue ties and any other issues that may occur? Because I feel like all of them should be at least knowledgeable about things like that <3 but if they aren’t… I’ll search out to make sure I get one who is!
But true! I’m guessing I will be too exhausted to exercise anything off even if I want to lol! I was noticing on the yoga classes for baby on mommy that they only allowed babies 6 weeks and up… which honestly makes sense, seeing as a mother just having giving birth to her baby would be too tired to attend anyways!
Oh dear, I wont read things from her then. And I definitely do want to breastfeed! <3 And breastfeeding on demand is what I was assuming was to be done… so I’m glad I assumed correctly! I feel like having a rigid schedule on a newborn wouldn’t work quite as well :frowning: And I’ll look into those sort of classes as well! (: It never hurts to have as much of a support group as possible… and possibly meet people who are in the same situation as me<3

Lynea, thanks!! And honestly, this is the most exciting moment in my life!!! I totally know what you mean, emotions are quite powerful!!! I’ve been on anti-depressants since I was younger, and the emotional change just from that was impressive. I’m going to have to discuss with my doctor about that though… can’t use them while I’m pregnant, I’m guessing <3 I’ll remember about this though, because I guess it makes sense that some woman don’t immediately bond! Because though the babies been inside you all this time, its still a complete other human being. And you have to spend time getting to know it (: I’m expecting these first couple of weeks post-birth will be the hardest <3 Between all these physical changes and all those emotions… eep! <3 And thanks!!!

ariannew, I’m so sorry you tore so badly! :open_mouth: Your first doctor sounded, no offense, but useless! I feel like you should get to know how badly you tore, and be given some advice on how to make it more comfortable for yourself!! I’ll buy a donut pillow though! I’ve heard about the squirt bottle… but I didn’t think about the towels/washclothes! I’ll get a supply of soft ones hehe (: If its only bad enough to want some tylenol/advil, then I guess I’m not too worried! Because of course its painful and stinging, but doesn’t sound completely unbearably horrible!! <3
Wow, thats a lot!! I’ll definitely go search that!! <3
Huh, I’ve heard about the breastfeeding helping to lose weight. I suppose in a sense it does, if the hormone released causes the uterus to contract and get smaller and all. But technically, if its not ridding of baby fat, its not truly helping you lose weight! lol!
That’ll be great, having the problem fixed right from the start lol. I am hoping to leave the hospital with a baby who can latch properly hehe! <3 Save myself from the pain by not waiting :l
Hm, I didn’t even think of that! I’ve always been a size 2… but I suppose in all reality, a size 6 isn’t large! <3 I’m average height, 5’4", so I suppose it’d look fine for me? Lol! I can get over it either way (; Because bubby will be completely worth growing a pant size or two<3
Thank you so very much, ariannew!! <3 I’ll be sure to PM you if I come up with any more questions!!

mamusia, I didn’t realize! I’ll confront my doctor about it before doing so (:
And I’ve never heard of wider feet! <3 Thats peculiar! I’ll have to wait and see, hehe!

emiliaj, I totally agree! I already am feeling pretty welcomed just on here! Of course, since I’m waiting to tell family and friends, I’m not yet welcomed by the entire world (; But I am so thrilled about this all!!!
I sure will!!! My appointment is in a little more than a week and a half-- hehe, I have a count down! <3
This is definitely the most exciting time in my life<3
Thanks again!! <3

Oh, but breastfeeding does help you lose fat. A baby drinks around 650 calories of milk per day, plus it takes energy for your body to make the milk. A breastfeeding mom needs about as much extra energy as someone who exercises hard for an hour or two every day. Some of that energy comes from the food you eat, and some from your body fat.

Wider feet are common during pregnancy. The hormones that relax the ligaments in your hips aren’t very specific, so they relax the ligaments in your feet too. Sometimes the feet go back to their old size, sometimes they don’t.

Thats very interesting!! :slight_smile: So you really do lose baby weight from breastfeeding!! <3 That’s awesome! :slight_smile:

And thats very interesting as well! I hope my feet don’t stay wider… I have wide feet as it is :frowning: