After years, our one and only is here...

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

We’d been TTC since summer 2016 with a few losses before getting to this point, so we had a long time to mull over a long list, a short list, and a final three. It was very stressful to choose, since we only want one but we love names! At the end, it was between [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] and [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], but when testing them both out, [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] was the one that felt “right” to both of us. Both of our top choices were long, but our surname is very short, so it feels balanced instead of unwieldy.

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is traditionally masculine (as is my mother’s name, my aunt’s name, and my grandmother’s name), but it’s uncommon enough in the US that no one has questioned its use for our daughter. We’ve been trying out different nicknames–[name_m]Pippin[/name_m], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_u]Perry[/name_u], Prin, [name_f]Rin[/name_f]–but will let her choose what suits her when she’s older. We love the name for its actual meaning (traveller or pilgrim), though I don’t mind the falcon association as I’m something of a bird lover. [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] was one of our runner-ups, a nod to my husband’s Greek heritage and my mythology interests. Alongside [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], we like the idea of one who inspires joy wherever she travels. The second middle name, [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], is also mythological but also honoring our shared Welsh ancestry as well as a late family member of the same name.

Our birth announcement summarized it this way:

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [PAIR-uh-grin], Latin, “traveller” or “pilgrim”
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [[name_m]TAH[/name_m]-lee-ah], Greek, “flourishing”, muse of comedy
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [MOR-gan], Welsh, “sea-born” or “sea-chief”

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] shares a name with four early saints and the first child born
in Plymouth Colony. [name_f]May[/name_f] she inspire joy wherever she travels.

Congratulations! [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is beautiful!

Congratulations! Her name is lovely!

Such an incredible, individual name with so much personal meaning. Warmest congratulations on her safe arrival!

Congratulations! What a strong, meaningful name! I love all the nickname options!

Congratulations on your little one, and on choosing such a unique and meaningful name!

Absolutely stunning name choice! Congratulations!!

Congratulations…Best wishes to you all.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] her name.

Congrats!! I normally prefer [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] for a boy but I adore your combo so much. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] sounds badass and so meaningful.

Gorgeous! And big congrats from another mum with a surprising journey to motherhood.

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Absolutely lovely! [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] works fabulously on a girl.

Congrats! This is such an amazing name, I absolutely love it!