Ahhh Twins!

So, as some of you are aware, I’ve been searching for the perfect name for my baby. I had it narrowed down to [name]Henry[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] for a boy, and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] for a girl.

But when I had an ultrasound today… turns out their are two babies, not one. Still too early to tell the sexes yet, so this leads to my questions:

If it’s two boys, do [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] work as twin names together? I feel like the answer is yes, but you never know.
If it’s two girls, do [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] work together? Once again my gut says yes, but I’d still like some opinions.
And most importantly, if it’s once of each, what’s the best combo? [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]?

Also if [name]Alice[/name] is used with any of the other names, is [name]Maria[/name] too tame of a middle name? [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Astrid[/name] are fairly out of the box. [name]Even[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] is a pretty ambitious choice. Does [name]Maria[/name] seem too tame paired with any of them? [name]Do[/name] twin middles cooperating even matter?

I need some help! (:

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are wonderful names for twin boys! As are [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]! I like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] for GB. I do not think it matters at all what middle names you use. They will thankyou when they are older for naming them as individuals not as a pair. Your boys middles are not my cup of tea but if you like them then go for it. I love the name [name]Astrid[/name] though and [name]Maria[/name] is lovely. Nice first name choices.

[name]Fran[/name] x

wow CONGRATS! All the names work perfect as sib set. However I feel like all the middle names are super cool while [name]Maria[/name] is just Vanilla. What about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]?

Thank you! [name]Marigold[/name] is nice, but I don’t love it. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Marta[/name] is less vanilla? It was on the list of middles I loved too, plus it’s similar to [name]Maria[/name], and I got a lot of positive feedback on the pairing of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name]. I feel like [name]Marta[/name] works well with both [name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Valentin[/name].

Also after some thinking I think I like [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] paired together, and [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] together. Does anyone else feel that way?

I don’t think the middles matter much. If you like [name]Maria[/name] then use it. I think [name]Alice[/name]/[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Caroline[/name] work very well again, but I actually know twins named [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], so that feels like the obvious choice to me. [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are nice together too. Frankly I think no matter which two names you pick [name]Alice[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] all work very well. If you have more kids later, I think you already have your sibset lol.

Those names all go perfectly together…you can’t go wrong with any combinations you choose! I think my favorite b/g combination is [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], but honestly it’s really hard to choose. And I think [name]Maria[/name] is a lovely middle name (as is [name]Marta[/name]); don’t worry about how it compares to the other middle names. The first names are all very similar in style (and all wonderful names!) and that’s really what matters most!

And most importantly, if it’s once of each, what’s the best combo? [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]?

Also if [name]Alice[/name] is used with any of the other names, is [name]Maria[/name] too tame of a middle name? [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Astrid[/name] are fairly out of the box. [name]Even[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] is a pretty ambitious choice. Does [name]Maria[/name] seem too tame paired with any of them? [name]Do[/name] twin middles cooperating even matter?

All your names are fantastic and any pairing of them together is really perfect! To me [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are better twins since they’re the same number of letters and i think that’s a nice connection that isn’t glaringly obvious. But I mean, that’s just more of an OCD thing on my part, doesn’t mean their actually better together! Oh! [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are a couple on the show secret life of the American teenager… Their names are almost always said as a set, and they definitely go well together!

If [name]Maria[/name] is important to you, use it! That’s more important than having coordinating middle names!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

[name]Theodore[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name] sound superb with each other! For one of each gender, I think the pairings of [name]Theodore[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] & [name]Alice[/name] are the best. I think it’s because of their matching syllables that suit each other better. If I had to pick between the two pairs, my favorite would be [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name].

As for the middle names, [name]Maria[/name] is a definitely less out-there than [name]Atlas[/name], [name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Valentin[/name] but it isn’t a huge deal. I love the combo of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name] anyway and middle names aren’t used too often. It’s all up to how much you think the matching of middle names matter.

Good luck! :smiley:

Congrats on the twins!

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are perfect together, as are [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]. But you already knew that :wink:

For one of each I really like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]. I like that the lengths/sylable match. Either combo would be perfect.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name] is a beautiful combo and I wouldnt change it. I dont think it matters that one mn is more adventerous than the other. Complimenting fns are more important imo.