Aidan in the middle?

I’ve always had a soft spot for [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], but the recent explosion in his rhyming cousins makes me feel like he’s a bit unusable as a first name. But as a middle, that’s a whole other ball game, right? Something like [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], with a classic first and a trendy middle - would you do it?

Absolutely - it’s still a lovely name but overuse makes it better off in the middle.

I’ve never been a fan of [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], even before it’s extreme popularity. Definitely a good candidate for middle.

I agree that it’s a good option for a MN. For a very long time, [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] was my top choice for a boy–I liked that I still got to use [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], which I loved, but it wasn’t so trendy as having ANOTHER [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]/[name_u]Aiden[/name_u]… I think [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is very handsome.

I would absolutely use Aidan in the middle! I loved Aidan long before it became super popular, but my husband thought it was “too different” - imagine that!
My favorite combo is Jack Aidan. Joseph Aidan is very handsome, by the way.

[name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is a nice name but I would not use it as a first name or a name that I potentially wanted my son to go by. If it’s just going to be a rarely used middle name, it’s perfect. I have a [name_m]Kaden[/name_m], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], and [name_u]Brayden[/name_u] in my class this year! They’re 8 years old but I think the trend is still going strong! Those names drive me nuts, too popular!

Katemp91 and Norbury; glad you think it works in the middle :slight_smile:

[name_u]Ash[/name_u]; that’s what I want too, to use a name that I love but without adding to the ever-expanding trend.

Kyemsma; [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] “too different?” Oh, if only he could have seen the future… [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is a very nice combo.

Ali_O; yes, it would most likely be a rarely used middle, not one that he would get called by on a daily basis (unless he was in trouble anyway, ha).

Go for it.

I’ve always found [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] fairly unremarkable, but I have to say, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is stunning.

I’m very fond of the name [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] due to memories of my childhood friend’s church (St. [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]'s…) where I wasn’t at all a member or anything but they were always kind and welcoming. It has a nostalgic, friendly sound to me. And it’s NOT a made-up name akin to [name_m]Zayden[/name_m]! It’s the only “-ayden” name I like, but it does peeve me that the [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] spelling is now considered a bit odd compared to [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], which I dislike. :frowning:

But I go back and forth on whether I’d use it as a first name. I do think it works well in the middle.

I like it with, generally, a longer first that doesn’t end in n:
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] - Classic, but not very popular first.
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]

Yes, my thoughts, exactly!