Aidan or Noah?

I have been madly in love with the name [name_u]Noah[/name_u] for nearly a decade, but living in the UK, is has become immensely popular. I’ve never actually met a [name_u]Noah[/name_u], despite working in early years settings, but from what I’ve heard, most people’s children have at least one or two Noahs in their class. I’m so torn! [name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite name is [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] and in the UK [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] sits outside of the top 100 baby names, whereas [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is number 4!

What should I go for?

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

[name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

Thanks all!

• [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

0 voters

1 Like

Aidan [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is great

1 Like

Hmm, the poll isn’t working for me, but I like [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] the best, and second is [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u].

1 Like

If you’ve loved [name_u]Noah[/name_u] for that long, just go for it. It’s really not the end of the world to have a few kids with the same name in your class. I have a very popular name and I was one of many in my school years. It never bothered me.
I think that you should be careful with rendering [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] less popular because it’s outside of the top 100. If you combine the spellings [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_u]Ayden[/name_u], [name_u]Aydin[/name_u], [name_u]Aidan[/name_u], the name already rises to around no. 50, plus there are names like [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Kayden[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_u]Grayson[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_m]Layton[/name_m], [name_u]Shay[/name_u], [name_m]Clayton[/name_m], [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Cayden[/name_m], [name_u]Ray[/name_u],… (I found all these in the top 500). So I definitely think a boy with the name [name_u]Noah[/name_u] will sound more ‘unique’ than one named [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]. Which doesn’t mean you shouldn’t name your child [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]; I think it is a great name and popular for a good reason. It’s just that the statistics don’t say much about how common a name will be (or sound) in your child’s life.

4 Likes

It didn’t work for me either, but it did when I clicked the ‘show vote’ button at the bottom of it. I think it’s automatically set to ‘show results’.

Ohhhhh, it’s working now. Thank you!

My favorite name is [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], but I believe [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] is perfect for you!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Apologies for the broken poll, I don’t know what happened! X

1 Like

Noah feels far more timeless to me.

Noah [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] gives you the best of both so I would vote for that !

I love [name_u]Noah[/name_u] !

Noah is nicer and agree with earlier poster, there are names similar to [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] but [name_u]Noah[/name_u] sounds more unique. I really like both your choices though

What about [name_m]Otis[/name_m] or [name_u]Seth[/name_u]

Hi! I also live in the UK and have never met a [name_u]Noah[/name_u] either but have met a couple of [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]’s / [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]’s. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum is a teacher (primary) and I don’t think she’s taught a [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (definitely not in recent years anyway).

I do prefer [name_u]Noah[/name_u] personally, If you love it, go with [name_u]Noah[/name_u] it’s a gorgeous choice and popular for a reason!! [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] is gorgeous! xxx

LOVE [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]. [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] is an outlier to me, it was such a huge name in the 2010s and it feels like its a bit of a mismatch to me, just my opinion. But in terms of sounds, they all go together well!