Aila June's bro or sis

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], All! I am obsessing over the little one in my tummy’s name. We do not yet know the baby’s sex, but I would love some fresh ideas of names that go well with big sister: Aila (pronounced “A-luh”) [name_u]June[/name_u].

Aila is Scottish and means “from a strong place.” [name_m]Both[/name_m] my husband and I are Scottish and would love another Celtic name if possible with another meaningful message behind it.

[name_u]June[/name_u] is my grandmother’s name and is the month we married. Again, deep meaning. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is close with his grandmother, but her name is [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] and I am not a fan. We might use her last name, [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], as out second one’s middle (if we have a girl). Any modern spins on [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] besides “[name_f]Trish[/name_f]?”

Any suggestions??

I like the idea of another 4-letter name, or 8-letter combo. But, maybe not.

For a boy, my two faves are [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_u]Dean[/name_u]. I like masculine names that are not too mainstream (I’m concerned [name_u]Mason[/name_u] has become [name_m]WAY[/name_m] too popular and I’m bummed: it’s a family name!).

For a girl, my front runners are [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f]. I love the idea of referring to the kids as “A” and “__” (another long vowel sound).

Appreciate anything you’d like to offer! xoxo

Perhaps with your family name crisis you could do pAtRIca h[name_f]ANNAh[/name_f] : [name_u]Ari[/name_u]/ [name_f]Aria[/name_f]/[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]

Aila [name_u]June[/name_u] &_____:

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]/ [name_f]Brigid/name_f [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona/name_f [name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (“the cause of great joy”) [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh/name_f [name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
Eibhleann (“pleasant, beautiful, radiant”) [name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] (“freedom/liberty”) [name_u]Ari[/name_u]

You could still honor gram with a boy too

pa[name_f]TRiciA[/name_f] haNNah-[name_m]Tanner[/name_m]?

Other Suggestions:
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_m]Gawain[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Teague[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] go quite well with Aila.

[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] (kinda related to [name_f]Patricia[/name_f]??)
[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Hana[/name_f] (8-letter combo)

or… [name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Hana[/name_f]? [name_u]Dane[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]?

Thank you for the great ideas!!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name play with [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] and appreciate everyone’s input :slight_smile:

Ps, [name_u]Dane[/name_u] is super cool and Id never considered it!