Ainsley? Avery? Chloe? Pippa?

[name]Hi[/name]! I’ve already posted in other forums, but I’m looking for as much advice as possible :smiley: My hubby and I are expecting our second daughter in Oct, and really working hard to find a name that is just right. Our first daughter is [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] after our maternal grandmothers, but this time around there is no one that we’re trying to honor, no specific ethnicity (although we’re both Irish and Scottish and like those names) so we’re a little lost. We want something that is chic and classic but not too common. We have a French last name that starts with a Sshh sound and is 3 syllables. We would love that it doesn’t ‘clash’ with the name [name]Caitlin[/name]. We are considering:

[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Kinsey[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]

My top 4 are [name]Remy[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] and the hubby loves [name]Stella[/name], [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Avery[/name], and [name]Maeve[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cerys[/name] but I think the s at the end kind of blends into the Ssh sound at the beginning of our last name. :frowning:

Middle names:
haven’t really given it much thought yet
[name]James[/name] (after hubby’s grandfather)
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] (hubby’s birthstone)

We are open to ANY suggestions…Any combos…Any help is greatly greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! :smiley:

I think [name]Stella[/name] sounds fantastic with [name]Caitlin[/name]!

I really like ‘[name]Stella[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]’ - - adorable and beautiful and spunky! :smiley:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]! I think it goes really well stylistically with your daughter’s name too.

Great input!! Thanks! I think we’re leaning towards [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Pippa[/name]. However, I think if we go with [name]Pippa[/name], we should still name her [name]Philippa[/name] and call her [name]Pippa[/name]. Hubby is not so sure. And we are completely baffled on a middle name. Any suggestions on what combos work well? Thanks!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Stella[/name] [name]James[/name]. I’d use [name]James[/name] for our girl, after my father, if I could get my husband on board. :slight_smile:

[name]Maeve[/name] is one of my all time favorites so I have to vote for her. Plus [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] are darling together. I never could get on the [name]Pippa[/name] train. Maybe you could use [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Philippa[/name]?

I love [name]Maeve[/name], and here love it with [name]Caitlin[/name]. I like [name]Maeve[/name] better than any of the names in your thread title.

My favourites are:
[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]

[name]Cerys[/name] and [name]Kerensa[/name] are my absolute favourites, but I think [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Philippa[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] fit best with [name]Caitlin[/name]. I know [name]Caitlin[/name] is a bit trendy, but you used the proper spelling and that makes me think things such as [name]Addison[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Avery[/name] (always will see this as boyish), [name]Kelsey[/name], and [name]Kinsley[/name] are too trendy to match. [name]Remy[/name] is fine, if also boyish – I’d prefer [name]Romy[/name] in this instance. [name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) is my favourite.

[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Kinsey[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]

My favorites are:
[name]Philippa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) [name]James[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]

Thanks! This is tremendously helpful! [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] and the [name]Rhys[/name] combos but hubby HATES them :frowning:

Loving:

[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

Really liking the P and M combo idea because it is our mothers’ initials but certainly we don’t have to have it. We just want something that sounds really nice. Any other suggestions for middle names and [name]Pippa[/name]/[name]Maeve[/name] combos would be greatly greatly appreciated. I [name]LOVE[/name] this site! Thanks everyone!!!