Akiko

This is a cool girl’s name I heard, which is actually not in the Nameberry database. Thoughts? [name]Just[/name] curious as to what you guys think.
~ Fuzzycub :slight_smile:

I love it! I think it has a very spunky feel to it and an see a adorable little girl or strong woman with it!

Akiko (ah-kee-ko) is a Japanese name meaning “light and bright child”. It has a fun and spunky vibe to it but I think I like [name]Aiko[/name] (ah-ee-ko) a little better. It means “child of love” and it’s the name given to the Japanese Crown [name]Prince[/name]'s only child. [name]Both[/name] names are rare outside of Japan so they would be bold choices.

I like [name]Aiko[/name] too! Reminds me of [name]Aida[/name] which I have been considering as a middle name for [name]Phoebe[/name].

I think its very spunky, though I wouldn’t use myself it because there’s not a shred of Japanese blood anywhere in my family! Still, great name as its not at all common but the pn seems obvious so you would probably avoid that issue which is always a big factor on foreign names!