Alaric

What do you think of the name [name]Alaric[/name]?

I quite like the name [name]Alaric[/name], it’s got the cute nickname [name]Al[/name] but sounds fresher than [name]Eric[/name].

I love it! Very handsome.

I love [name]Alaric[/name]! It’s a really cool name, he was a king of the visigoths. It used to be on my list for baby. I really like names that end in -ric.

I love it, I love the nickname options it’s got: [name]Al[/name], [name]Larry[/name], [name]Ric[/name], [name]Ali[/name] even.

I like it too-- it’s better than [name]Eric[/name]!

I think the sounds are too awkward together.
I personally don’t like it.

it’s really cool! i like names with history, this is an unused gem.

I’m kinda neutral. It has a cool, melodic sound, but when I envision actually calling a person by this name, it just feels stuffy to me. There’s a hint of femininity to it, too, but the -ic ending does bring it back to the male realm. I agree with @jessicalucy that it does seem to have an awkward feel to it.

I like it. A lot. It’s not something I can imagine using, but I would be so tickled to meet a little boy named [name]Alaric[/name]. :slight_smile: It just seems so stately and cool. It took me a while to warm up to it, but now I love it.

I love the name. I am a fan of The Vampire Diaries and the show/books seem to have a knack at using names that I love. [name]Alaric[/name] being one of them, along with [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Damon[/name], [name]Elena[/name]/Allaina and [name]Jeremy[/name]. Sigh. It kind of makes me sad though because I don’t want to name my kids after characters from the show. I only kept my absolute favorites on my list and sadly [name]Alaric[/name] got the cut.

Definitely a great name. In fact it has now made it’s way to my growing list of possibilities. The more I say it the more I like it.

I never thought so many people would like [name]Alaric[/name]. Most people I know think it’s a odd name.

I actually fell in love with this name while mindlessly watching TVD while cleaning the house. It was so different and yet very distinguished and handsome that it went straight onto my list.

I’d keep in mind though that it’s probably a very [name]Berry[/name] name and that the average person might not love it as much as many of us do!