Albus?

I just love the name Albus… [name]Do[/name] you think it is actually useable?

Full name would be Albus [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater or Albus [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater. What do you think?

If not we’re between [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Joel[/name] with middle names either [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Matthew[/name].

Thanks [name]Val[/name] x

No, definitely not. Especially with Drinkwater. Albus Drinkwater = Albus Dumbledore.

From your list, I really like [name]Peter[/name]. [name]Peter[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be very nice. :slight_smile:

I’m not feeling the name Albus. He’d probably likely go by [name]Al[/name]. With such a distinctive last name of Drinkwater, I’d go with something more classic and definitely shorter with at most two syllables.

From your first name list, here are my choices in order

[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

I’d prefer the middle name [name]Henry[/name] over [name]Matthew[/name]. So I’m in agreement with the other commenter.

I think with a heavy last name, a simple first name would sound better. Any of your other 4 contenders are nice. But Albus Drinkwater is perhaps asking to be picked on (sorry!).

I like the look and feel of Albus but I have to agree that you’re asking for trouble by pairing it with Drinkwater. Perhaps you’d like [name]Alby[/name] (all-bay or all-be).

What about [name]Alban[/name]? I know a person with this name and I’ve always thought it was cool.

It’s pronounced more like [name]Albin[/name].

Albus is so adorable. Your surname doesn’t sound anything like Dumbledore except that it starts with a D. I think the Albus Dumbledore teasing would be inevitable regardless of your surname. So, if that doesn’t bother you then go for it!

I really like [name]Daisy[/name] and Albus as siblings! [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] and Albus [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater - cute!

Of your other choices I love [name]Lewis[/name] and [name]Joel[/name]! [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Joel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name].

[name]Jess[/name]

I think Albus is an awesome name! Totally usable. Unfortunately though, Albus Drinkwater could never go to a Muggle school. If you had a much more common, much less interesting last name I would tell you to use it. That’s just my opinion though.

Albus looks like a made up name to my eyes so I would advise against it. Perhaps a name with a similar sound or ending would be better: [name]Alban[/name], [name]Albion[/name] (my fav - old name for [name]England[/name]), [name]Albert[/name], [name]Alfred[/name] (cute nn of [name]Alfie[/name]) or even something like [name]Silas[/name]. Of your other names, I do like [name]Jasper[/name] best but it has the same -er ending as your surname Drinkwater. The other remaining names are ok but don’t grab me. If I had to choose, it would be [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Joel[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] in that order.

Albus is such a cool name! (may I steal it for my list please?!!) Yes Albus Drinkwater will be Albus Dumbledore but I do agree that that would happen regardless of the last name. I don’t think it’s a particularly bad name association though… I mean it’s not like you’re suggesting naming your son [name]Adolf[/name] etc.! I think Albus [name]Henry[/name] is a nice combo but be aware that he may very quickly decide to become [name]Al[/name]…

[name]Eli[/name] x

Albus is such a cool name! (may I steal it for my list please?!!) Yes Albus Drinkwater will be Albus Dumbledore but I do agree that that would happen regardless of the last name. I don’t think it’s a particularly bad name association though… I mean it’s not like you’re suggesting naming your son [name]Adolf[/name] etc.! I think Albus [name]Henry[/name] is a nice combo but be aware that he may very quickly decide to become [name]Al[/name]…

[name]Eli[/name] x

Thankyou everyone. I think we’ll leave it on the list for now. Not a huge fan of [name]Alby[/name], [name]Alban[/name], [name]Albion[/name] or [name]Silas[/name]. [name]Albert[/name] and [name]Alfred[/name] are ok but I prefer our other options. Thanks for the ideas!
[name]Val[/name] x

I like [name]Joel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. Or [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Matthew[/name].

I prefer [name]Albie[/name] to Albus, I just don’t like the bus bit and can see lots of teasing about it.