Alessandra?

WDYT? Beautiful and exotic or a pretentious form of [name]Alexandra[/name]?

I love [name]Alexandra[/name] but lately I’ve been preferring [name]Alessandra[/name] more and more. Also, I adore the nickname [name]Sandra[/name]/[name]Sandy[/name].

I have Italian heritage, and my brother’s middle name is [name]Alessandro[/name] after our grandfather, so to me the name [name]Alessandra[/name] seems neither pretentious or unusual/exotic. I think it’s pretty, but I prefer [name]Alessia[/name]. I definitely prefer [name]Alessandra[/name] to [name]Alexandra[/name], I just associate that name with chavs.

Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else?

I like [name]Alessandra[/name] too, has a different feel to it than [name]Alexandra[/name] and you won’t have [name]Alex[/name] with it (although my niece is [name]Sasha[/name], not [name]Alex[/name]). I do like [name]Alessia[/name] as well. It may well be time hear [name]Sandra[/name] again. I’ve always liked [name]Sandy[/name] as a nn for [name]Alexander[/name].

I’ve grown to really like this name. A friend of mine mentioned it to me once, and she liked it with the nickname [name]Alice[/name], which I think was really cute.
But I definitely like [name]Alessandra[/name] more than [name]Alexandra[/name]. [name]Alexandra[/name] has become dated (at least it has to me) and [name]Alessandra[/name] feels fresher. It’s really a great choice.

I like it! It was one of my favos few years ago and my sister named her second daughter in honour of her BFF which is [name]Alessandra[/name] but she goes by [name]Sandie[/name], my niece goes by Ale. I like it cause it’s not that common as [name]Alexandra[/name], which is used almost in all countries when [name]Alessandra[/name] is more italian/latin. Also all Alessandras I’ve met are very beautiful and sweet. You have [name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Ambrosio[/name] as a representative. :slight_smile:

Personally [name]Alessandra[/name] is too fluffy for me. Maybe it’s just not my style because I also find [name]Alexandra[/name] to be dated. I much prefer the lovely [name]Alice[/name].

I really like it and the male version os on our boys list. ESP. If you have Italian heritage I think it is a more sophisticated Italian name than the ones we see more commonly.

I’m happy the name’s getting such positive feedback. My husband’s coming around to it so I think we’ll be adding it to our list.

I see it somewhere between the two: not exotic but not pretentious either. It seems like a nice middle ground, but (just barely) a tad too weighed down for me; I’d most likely always call her [name]Sandra[/name]. Nevertheless, [name]Alessandra[/name] has a very nice sound to it.

To me, this name is a bit tired. I know quite a few teenaged and twenty-something Alessandras (in an Italian area- perhaps that has something to do with it), in addition to Alexas, Alexises, [name]Alexias[/name], and Alexandras, and it just seems worn out to me. I don’t have a problem with the name, I’m just a bit tired of hearing it. I do like [name]Alessia[/name], however, and I think [name]Alexandra[/name] is classic enough to not seem dated. I also like [name]Alexandra[/name]'s nicknames more- I think [name]Lex[/name] and [name]Xan[/name] are adorable.