Alex(e)i??

[name]Hi[/name] ladies! I’m a long time reader, first time poster, and I was wondering if you could help me with my recent name obsession: [name]Alex/namei.

I found this name while trolling through the “cool baby names” book and I really really like it, but I’m not sure how to spell it. [name]Alexei[/name] feels incredibly Russian, but still feels like a complete name – unlike [name]Alexi[/name], which kind of resembles a typo to me. I’m a big [name]Alexi[/name] Murdoch fan, I know it can be easily used as a first name, it just doesn’t feel like one to me. (I’m not the biggest [name]Alexander[/name] fan, so I wouldn’t want to use that with [name]Alexi[/name] as a nn)

Also: I’m having a hard time coming up with names that go well with it. I was thinking [name]Anya[/name] (maybe [name]Zara[/name]??), but then I realized that they were both Russian >.> That’s not too big a deal, but I’m not Russian and have a very 90s name… just not sure it would work.

So I guess what I’m asking is: [name]Alexei[/name] or [name]Alexi[/name], and any good names to go with it?

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

Note: I’m not actually pregnant, I just like coming up with names, as I’m sure you all do too :smiley:

[name]Alexei[/name] is the way to spell it and it is a lovely Russian boy’s name and in [name]Russia[/name] the nn is Losha, not fond of that but love [name]Alex[/name].

[name]Anya[/name] is a beautiful name also as is [name]Anastasia[/name].

Good luck gorgeous names

Another vote for [name]Alexei[/name]. (I think that [name]Alexi[/name] looks a bit like a typo of [name]Alexis[/name].) :slight_smile: I looked it up on Nameberry, and [name]Alexei[/name] is actually the authentic spelling.

Some exotic (or at least slightly exotic) names that I can see paired with [name]Alexei[/name]:

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Darius[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]/[name]Leonardo[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Mattias[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] (nn [name]Rafe[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
Fransesca
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willa[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Well, I have an [name]Alexei[/name]…and his twin brother [name]Nikolai[/name] (went Russian with the first names). Here’s to hoping neither names get too popular! [name]Niko[/name] and Xeke are their nicknames at least until they’re old enough to want otherwise.

[name]Alexi[/name] looks, to me, like a typo…to [name]Alexei[/name] or [name]Alexis[/name]…You could go with the traditional, but (going on memory) Polish [name]Aleksei[/name] if you prefer.

The names go with daughter, [name]Remy[/name], and people here say she’s an odd duck out. So whatever that means :stuck_out_tongue: She’s the only girl too, so she sort of is :stuck_out_tongue:

I like [name]Alexei[/name] spelled this way too.

liveaparis- Xeke is a great name/nn. I’ve seen it only once and assumed it was pronounced like [name]Zeke[/name]. Can you tell me how you pronounce your Xeke? I love the name [name]Ezekiel[/name] nn [name]Zeke[/name] so Xeke has great appeal to me and visually I just love the way it looks.

disa, I pronounce Xeke as you would [name]Zeke[/name] :). I think it’s cool! I hesitated, since the pronunciation is a BIT different than the last syllable of [name]Alexei[/name]…but it’s close :stuck_out_tongue:

I can totally see how Xeke works with [name]Alexei[/name] and I love it!