Alexanda

I just came across this name for the first time ever, not sure how I feel about it… I don’t think I like it. What do you think?

I would consider it unusable. She would just be called [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] her. entire. life.

Thinking about it purely from a sound perspective, [name_f]Alexanda[/name_f] is quite pretty. But it seems just seems like a typo or mistake to me, and far too confusing to use. Are you sure it wasn’t a mistake on wherever you saw it?

I prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

Everybody probably would think her name is [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

It would probably be frequently misread as [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], and and in non-rhotic accents it sounds the same as [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

In terms of sound, I’m not a fan. My preferred feminization of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f].

I thought this was [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] when I read the title fast.

I prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. I thought this was a misspelling when I read the title of the thread.

Clicking on this thread I thought it was [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]…reading the first few posts I was so confused because people said it was unusable and I was just like what? But it’s so common! Then I read the title again and was just like… oh xD If other people saw the name, they’d probably think it was [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] too.

I agree. If I heard it spoken I’d assume it was a boy named [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. If I saw it written down I’d assume it was a misspelling of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. She would have to correct people every time.

Nope, her name was [name_f]Alexanda[/name_f].
I read it as [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as said with a bad british accent. ALEXAHNDAH!