Alexandra Matilda or Alexandra Victoria.

Help, can’t chose between [name]Alexandra[/name] matilda and [name]Alexandra[/name] victoria. Also like [name]Alexandra[/name] Australia or Australia [name]Matilda[/name].

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is beautiful and so elegant.

If you like unusual names, like Australia, what about using [name]Plum[/name] as a nickname for [name]Victoria[/name]? That stems from [name]England[/name], after the [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Plum[/name].

I much, much, much, prefer [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] to [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]! I seem to be one of the few on here that doesn’t care for [name]Matilda[/name] at all. I think [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is very pretty!!!

[name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] are both regal, heavy names. [name]Matilda[/name] is little more offbeat, and I like it better. [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is a little too sumptuous (but pretty). [name]Matilda[/name] lightens [name]Alexandra[/name]. It’s beautiful.

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] by far. As someone on another board said, [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] both have the same number of syllables, so they sound awkward together. [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] is lovely and sounds great! :slight_smile:

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] is my favorite of the two. It definitely flows the best, and I really like both of the names and how they seem to fit together.

However, I just thought you’d like to know, when I look at [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], I see

AlexanDRAMAtilda.

I don’t really like [name]Matilda[/name] either. It’s ok, I guess. I don’t see [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]. I don’t think middle names have to closely match era or image like siblings names generally do, but these seem very far apart. At the other extreme, [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] seems too close together. I prefer [name]Victoria[/name] to [name]Matilda[/name] any day of the week, but that is a super-strong name, it’s super-strong in meaning and in history, and also in sound. I guess I would prefer a super-strong, even overly emphatic name combo to a disparate one; I’m not sure I could encourage you to tone it down a bit, but that’s sort of where I’m going with this. [name]Valeria[/name] means strong, but it sounds a lot lighter than [name]Victoria[/name], less “I could own you ten-thousand times over just by making a phone call.” I guess [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] sounds a little intimidating, regal but unforgiving.

If you have a soft spot for Australia, like I said, I’m not on board (although many are not put off like me) with [name]Matilda[/name], and Australia seems kind of eh for a middle name. It is a fine imagery, but almost sounds more scientific than a place name, if that makes sense - it is derived from Latin for “southern,” and used to describe a land before it had a name, “terra australis incognita” or unknown southern land. I might suggest [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Sydney[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]. I prefer either of these to [name]Matilda[/name]. It’s not that I don’t love the name, either, I just think it sounds off in the combo.

I think [name]Alexandra[/name] and Australia are too close to use together, and personally I think [name]Alexandra[/name] is a beautiful classic, with lots of nn options, and so I would go with that in first place. I think [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] has the better flow, and also seems less theme-y ([name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] are both very royal names, to me). I adore [name]Matilda[/name]!

(If you were thinking of Australia due to the place having significance for you, have you considered an Australian place name? [name]Adelaide[/name] is particularly lovely, in my opinion.)

Good luck!

You are freaking me out thinking about calling your baby Australia. I think it is downright awful. I speak as an Aussie.

On the other hand I go wild for [name]Matilda[/name].

I don’t particularly like Australia as a name, but I don’t find it any different than [name]America[/name], [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Indiana[/name], [name]Aspen[/name], etc.

I would go with [name]Alexandr[/name]”a [name]Mathilde[/name]

Believe me it hasn’t been done and it would be a bad idea.