Alexandrine?

I was doing a report for school about the Holocaust in Denmark and the queen of Denmark of that time nmae was [name]Alexandrine[/name] and i really like what do you guys think?

Well, associating it with a real historical figure makes it more appealing. But if I just heard that name without the historical association, to me, it would sound like a purposefully-exoticized version of [name]Alexandra[/name].

I like [name]Alexandrine[/name]! It’s pretty, but might be hard to deal with in the US. I also like other obscure versions of [name]Alexandra[/name] like [name]Alexandrie[/name] or [name]Alastriona[/name], especially since [name]Alexandra[/name]'s been so popular lately.

I think [name]Alexandrine[/name] is really pretty!

[name]Alexandrine[/name] [name]Lily[/name] would be lovely.

Yeah that kinda sounds like [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lily[/name] like the woman who plays [name]Kate[/name] in LOST but i still like it.

It’s interesting. For a variant, I prefer [name]Alexandria[/name]. I know an [name]Alejandra[/name] (al-ay-hahn-dra), actually [name]Maria[/name] [name]Alejandra[/name] - goes by [name]Alejandra[/name], the whole thing; and when I was in high school, I’m almost sure I remember an [name]Alessandra[/name] a grade or two higher than me which I thought was magnificently cool at the time. I don’t remember too many regular Alexandras from my school days, so it was fairly unique or along the line of [name]Cassandra[/name] (not too many of those either) but with the style of [name]Allison[/name]/[name]Alyssa[/name] which definitely was popular - [name]Alessandra[/name]. I’ve liked the name [name]Sandra[/name] for a long time - I know it is thought unhip right now, but it is just so simple and easy to like. Pretend you don’t know anyone with this name and/or of a particular age group. It’s a pretty sounding name! I don’t know if Sandys and Sandras I went to school with were Alexandras in fact, but we didn’t call them [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Ali[/name], so I tend to think not. If I recall, [name]Alessandra[/name] went by [name]Sandy[/name] also, but I found her real name in the yearbook. Kind of a fuzzy memory at best.

[name]Alexandrine[/name] sounds a little too regal and elaborate for my tastes (like [name]Alessandra[/name] doesn’t!) which seems fitting that you found the name on a royal.

I like it, but it’s almost just a tad too much name.

I love [name]Aurelia[/name], and I have seen [name]Aureliana[/name] as an elaboration. Its gorgeous and I love how exotic it sounds but it seems a bit like it is trying too hard – as if its having an identity crisis and can’t decide between [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name], so smushes as many syllables and letters in as it can.

[name]Alexandrine[/name] is the same for me. Very pretty and exotic, but almost too much.

Personally I think it’s beautiful . . . though I can see why it’s a bit much for some tastes. [name]Alexandra[/name] is definitely more versatile, but [name]Alexandrine[/name] is a worthy, regal alternative. You could use [name]Drina[/name] as a nickname.