Alfred or Frederick?

I love the nickname [name_m]Fred[/name_m], but can’t decide on [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]? What do you think?

While [name_m]Fred[/name_m] is an intuitive nickname for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is the quicker way to get to [name_m]Fred[/name_m].

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is one of my favorite names, and perfect if you can’t decide whether to go with [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or the adorable [name_u]Alfie[/name_u].

I like both, but for the nickname [name_m]Fred[/name_m] I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] I like with [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] as a nickname.

I prefer [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] to [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] has 2 nicknames: [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is adorable and [name_m]Fred[/name_m] is good for an older boy. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] has 2 nicknames: [name_m]Fred[/name_m] (or [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]/[name_u]Freddy[/name_u]) and [name_m]Rick[/name_m] (or [name_u]Ricky[/name_u]). I really don’t like [name_m]Rick/name_m and I love [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. So for me, the choice is easy. [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] all the way.

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. Definitely seems more creative without trying too hard.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] (though I’m loving [name_f]Marie[/name_f]-Fredericke for a girl).

I personally love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and do not care for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], so my vote goes to [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] has so many nickname possibilities, making it a much more versatile name.

I like both names so it depends on the surname. However, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would probably be the more intuitive choice if you’re going to use the nn [name_m]Fred[/name_m].

This. I love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m], without a doubt though I love [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] as well. Not only is it the easiest way to get to [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] (to me, the most obvious [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] nickname is [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]), it’s also such a handsome name.

I absolutely adore [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], so that’s my choice. I’ve always loved that name. [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] seems too … I don’t know … British? Not that that’s a bad thing – I’m just not British so it doesn’t seem to fit for me.