Alice, Charlotte or Annabella which do you prefer?

Hello everyone! I’m new here and this is my first post!

I’m expecting my first child, a baby girl, who should be here by this end of [name_u]November[/name_u]!
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are struggling between three names:

• Alice [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (she would be named after my husband’s grandmother who means a lot to us)
  • Charlotte [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (daddy’s favorite)
  • Annabella [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (my favorite :heart_eyes:)

Do you like these names? Which one do you prefer and why?
Thank you so much for your help :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of the three first names is definitely [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. However, I don’t love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a middle.
How do you feel about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]? I think it has a lovely flow and feel. If you really struggle letting go of [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], you could always double middle! I think that [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be absolutely enchanting.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I love the idea of using family names was your husbands grandmother [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Or was her full name [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I just think using honour names passing down that history is the way forward :purple_heart:

Concerning the other two combinations [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is such a regal name really beautiful. [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is also lovely has a pretty ballerina vibe. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is also my favourite name.

Have you thought about combining all three names to make the perfect one? Suggestions…
[name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

If that’s not an option and it has to be one of the above I would go with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as for me using honour names is the way forward.

1 Like

Annabella [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or even [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] actually, so beautiful :two_hearts:

Love [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - such a pretty name

Annabella [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is so elegant

I love [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!! I have a friend who has a daughter [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and i think it’s lovely☺️

I also find myself wanted to mix and match! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is divine… But if I had to choose then [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

all are beautiful!! But [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] really stands out to me :heart:

My favourite is [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but all are beautiful

Alice [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Thank you so much for your reply ! I’ll think about that name :blush:

1 Like

All three are such beautiful names! But my vote goes to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] because it seems like the best compromise here instead of making one of you give up your favorite. Plus, I love that it honors someone who means so much to both of you. <3

Thanks for your reply ! You completely understood our choices and thanks for that. I love [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I think it sound so romantic and as you said a bit like a ballerina princess.
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband prefers classics names and it’s true that it’s sound royal maybe too much?

All your names are lovely. I pick [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] because I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] was my grandmas name.

Love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

My favourite is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but I also really like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. Both are beautiful traditional names.

I’m not keen on [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] is just not my style, too frilly for me. I do like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] though. I’m a fairly serious and quiet person and would feel uncomfortable myself with an over-the-top name like [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], so that is where I’m coming from. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful as a first name but is so expected in the middle that it loses a lot of charm for me.

Congratulations and [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry!
I absolutely love all three of your choices and you positively cannot go wrong with these names.

Alice [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - I am a sucker for honour names and I positively adore [name_f]Alice[/name_f] ! I love the roots of this names , history and literary characters and writers. I think this name is very wearable and I can see [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a little girl , to a professional to a mom and to an older woman.

Charlotte [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] . This is beautiful and regal. [name_f]My[/name_f] hesitation with this name is that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is pretty popular in my area. I know at least 6 under the age of 6 just off the top of my head.

Annabella [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] and I love the nickname options it provides. It’s long frilly and beautiful. I can see the name in all stages of life and a professional.

I’m stuck between [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabella[/name_f]. Personally I love longer frilly names that can lend spunky nicknames , but than again I am obsessed with honour names. I think if I had to pick one it would probably be [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

1 Like

No that’s fine lovely glad I could help : ) naming is hard! I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is very regal but at the same time not overly royal you know I think it helps that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] despite being a royal name it’s not overtly royal. I think it works.

I know an [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! I think the name flows great together. I agree it would be cool to mix and match a few names as [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] does sound very lovely.