Alice in Wonderland Names:

I am writing a story and it is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland inspired. I would love to call my main character [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but I think I’d rather have a name similar. I would like victorian era names (Or whatever era the name [name_f]Alice[/name_f] comes from). I like ones that are really pretty written down and to say. I noticed that I like names that start with vowels.

What about [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]? Both are names from that time. I will update if I have any ideas.

Maybe:

[name_f]Adelia[/name_f], [name_f]Abelia[/name_f], [name_f]Obelia[/name_f], [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Odilia[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], [name_f]Una[/name_f] / [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Ola[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], [name_f]Angelina[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_f]Ebba[/name_f], [name_f]Elva[/name_f].

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] was my first thought. She was #69 in 1900, toward the end of the Victorian era.

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ila[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Zahara[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Mauve[/name_f]

Based on your vowel criteria, I love the suggestions of [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f] (or maybe [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] with that as a nickname!), [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], and [name_f]Odelia[/name_f]. That aside, I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] are both lovely and similar to [name_f]Alice[/name_f], stylistically.

Other Victorian names to consider, both vowels and consonants:
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] ([name_f]Thea[/name_f] would be a cute nickname!)
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] (could be short for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f])
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] (could be short for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Amelie[/name_f])
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] ([name_f]Winnie[/name_f], or even [name_m]Fred[/name_m] if your protagonist is spunkier than she is frilly!)

These two are what I thought of, but they’re not Victorian (as far as I know): [name_u]Allison[/name_u] or [name_f]Ally[/name_f]. They both sound like [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Or you could use something more elegant, like [name_f]Alianna[/name_f] (or it’s many spelllings) with the nickname [name_f]Ally[/name_f]. Or something with nicknames similar to [name_f]Alice[/name_f].