Alice or Mary?

See the results of this poll: Mary or Alice?

Respondents: 61 (This poll is closed)

• Alice Margaret : 44 (72%)
  • Mary Louise: 17 (28%)

I love both combos too (three of them are also family names for me:)). I’m going to have to choose [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. I love the way the two names look and sound together. You know you can always bring both combos to the hospital with you and decide after “meeting” your daughter. She may be more of a [name]Mary[/name] than an [name]Alice[/name].

Although I like both, [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is my favorite!

I like the flow of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], but I just adore [name]Alice[/name] more and she could be called [name]Ali[/name] if she wanted. Good luck with labor and enjoy being a mommy!! <3

I chose [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] because I think [name]Alice[/name] is more in tune with today’s naming “standards,” if you will, without being an overtly modern name. Also, I adore the name [name]Margaret[/name] (think of the nickname possibilities)!!! However, like [name]Mischa[/name] said, you might discover that she’s more of a [name]Mary[/name] than an [name]Alice[/name].

Good luck!

I think you’ve chosen four beautiful names. I just have a thing for [name]Alice[/name], it’s so cute and sweet and lovely. And [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] sounds very royal and queen-like to me.

I voted for [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] because I think it is beautiful! I am not sure if you’re up for a tiny suggestion but I think that [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] would be even more of a winner. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Two of my favorites!! I voted [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] for the combo. If [name]Mary[/name] had a different middle name, I might have picked that. Either way, she will have a gorgeous name!!

Thanks so much everyone for the feedback – I think we are leaning towards [name]Alice[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], which many of you seem to prefer. But we may wait to see if she looks like a [name]Mary[/name] when we meet her, as some of you suggested. It just helps to see how people react to the two names. Thanks again!

I prefer [name]Alice[/name] over [name]Mary[/name] but [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] flows a tad bit better. That could change depending on ln though. Good luck!

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] because it flows beautifully. :slight_smile:

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I would vote for mary if [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] were stand alone. But I hate [name]Louise[/name] and love [name]Margaret[/name].

^This. This exactly.

I prefer [name]Alice[/name] over [name]Mary[/name], it’s on my own list but [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] has a much better flow. :slight_smile:

I like both [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], but I’m not terribly fond of [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Louisa[/name] is much softer), so that decided it for me.

Thank you for so many thoughtful comments! To those who suggested [name]Louisa[/name] instead of [name]Louise[/name] as a middle name - I actually agree, but my husband likes [name]Louise[/name] more (and [name]Louise[/name] is also a family name), so I think we would likely leave it that way (especially since it would be in the middle spot). [name]Margaret[/name] is also a family name. Thank you again for the comments…it’s honestly SO helpful!