Alice Wenonah

What do you think of this combo? [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Winona[/name_f], and I’ve always wanted a little [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Who doesn’t? But this alternate spelling, [name_f]Wenonah[/name_f], hits the right notes for me. Thoughts?

It would supplant [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is after my great grandmother, [name_f]Virgie[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f].

It’s pretty! I actually really like this spelling! It’s also a bit more exciting than [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], and I think a middle name with an alternative spelling is less of a hassle than a first name with an alternative spelling. It’s a great honour name, but you’re also putting your own spin on it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

Much prefer the spelling [name_f]Winona[/name_f]. It just looks nicer to me. But as a middle name it can be anything you like no problem so go for it.

3 Likes

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Wenonah[/name_f] is pretty!

I’m not really one for using someone’s full name as an honor, but in spite of that, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Wenonah[/name_f] is very pretty!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name!

i think that alice virginia & alice wenonah are both lovely! i do think that “winona” and “virginia” look better with alice because they share more vowels, so on those grounds i’d prefer virginia as a middle, but i think that when said out loud wenonah flows slightly better.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Wenonah[/name_f] is pretty and bit spunky! And congrats on finding a spelling that you love! :revolving_hearts: