Alina or Lena?

[name]Hi[/name]! My husband and I are expecting our third child, and we just found out it’s our third girl! I posted on the site a few months ago and got some good boy/girl naming ideas. Since we just have to focus on girl names, I thought I’d post again with my current name favorites to get your feedback. Big sisters are [name]Eva[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]. To go with those names, what do you think of either [name]Alina[/name] [name]Kay[/name] or [name]Lena[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]? Pronunciation: [name]Alina[/name] = “uh-lee-nuh” and [name]Lena[/name] = “lee-nuh.”

We’re open to other suggestions, too.

Thanks in advance for your help!
[name]Kellie[/name]

I think [name]Lena[/name] is pretty…

I think [name]Alina[/name] is a pretty name. I also like [name]Lena[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Eva[/name] is a little close to [name]Alina[/name]? They might be hard to say together. What about [name]Marlena[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name] or [name]Marley[/name]? Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I thought [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Alina[/name]/[name]Lena[/name] might sound similar. I’m just having a hard time finding the perfect name – one I like as much as my other two girls’ names. Thanks for the feedback!

[name]Lena[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is beautiful and sounds perfect with your other daughters names. However personally I’d pronounce it [name]Lay[/name]-nah. But either way sounds pretty :slight_smile:

Other names I think would work well with your older daughters names:

[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name] (name of the dutch royal baby)
[name]Clemence[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] them both, but I agree that [name]Alina[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] do sound a little too similar.

I much prefer [name]Lena[/name]. It is easier to spell and pronounce, and to me just has a very simple appeal to it. I also think it works beautifully with your other daughters’ names.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Now my husband is saying he doesn’t really care for [name]Alina[/name] or [name]Lena[/name] (ugh!), so I think it’s back to the drawing board. I also started the other post about [name]Jane[/name], but when I ran [name]Jane[/name] by him, he said, “Plain [name]Jane[/name]?” Oh, well. He likes names like [name]Josephine[/name]/[name]Josie[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name], but those sound a little too old fashioned for me. At least we have four or five months left to keep thinking about this…

Thanks again,
[name]Kellie[/name]

Hello
I answer you from other continents - Europe - Slovenia (small country near to [name]Italy[/name] and [name]Austria[/name] and 150 miles from [name]Venice[/name] and 200 miles from [name]Vienna[/name] :-)).
I have three daughters and the last one is [name]Lena[/name]. She was born in February 2009. Older sisters names are: [name]Eva[/name] [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Milla[/name]. I have items that [name]Lena[/name] is the smartest baby, very cute. Sleeps all night from 3 months onwards. In the afternoon, still sleeping 3 hours in the piece. She is still breastfeeding. In view of the older sisters, who have little or no sleep, even now I can not believe that the babies can be so good. For me, [name]LENA[/name] very nice name :-).
For me is very nice name is also [name]NORA[/name], but in Slovenian language has very negative connotation. It means crazy, mad.
[name]Welcome[/name] to [name]America[/name].
[name]Meta[/name] from Slovenia

[name]Lena[/name] is pretty.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lena[/name] and I think it sounds lovely with the other names. Not too similar for me. I do also think [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] ([name]Sylvie[/name]) are adorable and not too dated. This coming from someone who loves the name [name]Dorothy[/name]!
Good luck!