Aliterations.

[name]Just[/name] wondering how people feel about aliterations, I know a couple of them and would like to hear what you guys think.

[name]Max[/name] McAlister (mn [name]Christian[/name])
[name]Noah[/name] Nichols
[name]Henry[/name] Hatfield
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Johnston[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I love alliteration, but I think it depends on the letter and combo involved. (It’s really easy for something to sound too sing-songy to me, like [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Price[/name].)

[name]Max[/name] McAlister: I think this is great…
[name]Noah[/name] Nichols: This is bordering on sing-songy to me, but I could see something like [name]Natalie[/name] Nichols working…
[name]Henry[/name] Hatfield: A bit sing-songy to me, but I can see [name]Henry[/name] with a longer H last name. (I love [name]Henry[/name]!)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Johnston[/name]: This works for me.

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

The most extreme case of alliteration I ever saw was my high school English teacher. His name was [name]Hampton[/name] [name]Horatio[/name] Hairfield. He was a [name]Jr[/name]. so he and his father shared this unusual name. I think alliteration can be okay…it just depends on the individual names.

I will let my daughter’s name and my current name love share my answer.

Daughter: [name]Lilianna[/name] Lareese
Name [name]Love[/name]: [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

If I ever have a second girl and get my husband behind that name, that will so be my second daughter someday!

So, yeah, I love alliteration. In fact, as you will see, my daughter actually has three L’s in her name and the second has three G’s, so you get those beautiful sounds three times! (I also like long names, if you couldn’t tell)

[name]Max[/name] McAlister (mn [name]Christian[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Noah[/name] Nichols - It’s cute! Still like it, but not my favorite.
[name]Henry[/name] Hatfield - [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Johnston[/name] - The two t’s causes this one to flow funny off of my tongue. If it were [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] then it would be ever so pretty!

Personally, I hate it and try to avoid as much as I can. I don’t why, but I have such a problem with alliteration in names, especially with first and last names.
For example, there is a teacher at my school named [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Robinson[/name]. I’m not sure what it is, but it really bothers me.
I also try to avoid it with first and middle names, too. [name]Even[/name] if they don’t start with the same sound. For example, [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. I just don’t like the repeating of the same letters. Now, if it’s like that with a last name, it doesn’t bother me as much.

I dislike the sound, either first/last or first/middle combos.

I generally think it’s cute and memorable as long as you’re wary of something overly sing-songy. The practice is out of style at the moment, which makes it all the more memorable. I think most of the examples you shared work.