Alivela

WDYT? Suggested to me by @oregano7!

[name_f]May[/name_f] I ask its origin?

1 Like

It’s a smoosh name – Combination of [name_f]Alison[/name_f] & [name_f]Vela[/name_f]. :grin:

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m not a fan, sorry— it just reads [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] with another “l” to me and I don’t particularly enjoy the sound. I think it’s about perfect for you, though !! :grin:

4 Likes

Alivela looks like if Frankenstein was a musical and after the monster awakened, Frankenstein burst into song

“It’s alive-La la la”

I know it’s not pronounced like that (I’m guessing (Al-lih-VAY-luh) but visually that’s what comes to mind sorry

5 Likes

Correct!

I would prefer Aviela, but it’s fine.

2 Likes

Alivela is quite nice though I do prefer [name_u]Allie[/name_u] [name_f]Vela[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m actually quite a fan of Alivela. I really find Allie/Ali a little ubiquitous, so the added -vela really makes it stands out and livens the name! It has such a pretty, rollicking sound.

ETA: If you’re into nicknames, Alivela nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would be awesome.

1 Like

I second this. Aviela is a more intuitive name IMO. And also sure pretty.

2 Likes

I never would have thought of this!!!

It looks a little awkward to me, sorry. You might like Aviella or Avielle?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I read it as Alive-ala! Like Godzilla is Alive-ala!

1 Like

The pronunciation isn’t intuitive at all. I found myself double checking that it wasn’t [name_f]Alivia[/name_f], then wondering how to pronounce. [name_m]Even[/name_m] after reading the comments, I find I’m flubbing up the pronunciation. I think this one’s a miss.

1 Like