Alivia/Alyvia

So I’ve heard this name a few times and might use it in a story. What do you think? Does it sound too made-up compared to [name]Olivia[/name]? I happen to like it.

I like [name]Alyvia[/name] better, I also know a girl that just graduated from my high school with the name [name]Alyvia[/name]. I wouldn’t use it though because it’s sooooo similar to [name]Olivia[/name] which is too popular now.

I’m just trying to be helpful here, but for me, [name]Alivia[/name]/[name]Alyvia[/name]/Alliivvyya, etc., are simply yooneek spellings of [name]Olivia[/name]. You can change the O to an a and add ys and extra consonants until the cows come home, but I don’t see it as anything more than a downmarket, yooneek variation of [name]Olivia[/name]. :frowning:

I definitely like [name]Alivia[/name] better but have you thought of [name]Livia[/name]?

I’ve gotta say I’m with [name]Jill[/name] on this one. Sorry! [name]Hope[/name] your story is going well! :slight_smile:

Maybe it suits the character though. Maybe she’s more Aliv(e) than Oliv(e) - could be symbolic? It’s not my story, so I don’t know. I agree with most, though, I don’t like it especially. It sounds like [name]Olivia[/name] if you don’t say Oh-livia, but I plain don’t like the way it looks with an A. [name]Alicia[/name] with an A, [name]Olivia[/name] with an O. I get all twitchy if they switch.