All About Twins!

My 7 year old niece came up to me earlier and asked me about twins and whether I’d like boys, girls or one of each, if I wanted identical or fraternal twins, and what I’d name them. I thought this was kind of a cute question, so I figured I’d ask my fellow berries too!

My picks would be fraternal girls, named [name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

My niece’s picks are [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]/[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

So, A) if you had twins, and could choose, would you want boys, girls, or one of each? If you pick the same gender, would you want identical or fraternal?
and B) what would you name your twins?

Fun!

I think a boy & a girl would be the best choice. That way they wouldn’t have to be so competitive.

If it were totally up to me (no dh input!) I’d go for [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. And then I’d probably freak out that [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] both potentially have ‘[name_u]Win[/name_u]’ nns, so would change [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] to [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. :wink:

Oh, this is a fun question! :smiley:

Honestly, if I had twins, I know I would want identical twin girls – just so sweet! The names, though, are not as easy a choice. I’d want them to go together, but not be too match-y…
Right now, I’m feeling [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. I like that they share a few sounds, but are definitely different. I really like them together, though. They have a similar vibe for me – vintage, classy, smart.

I would love twins!

I would either want two girls or a girl and a boy. If they were girls I’d want identical. For names it’d be [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] & [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] for girls or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (can never settle on a middle) for a girl and boy.

@elanorelle Those names are so sweet together!

Think of the shenanigans identical twins could get up to. I’d like
Identical boys [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Noble[/name_m] and [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
Then
Identical girls [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and [name_m]Berlin[/name_m] [name_f]Athena[/name_f].

@futuremama
I love yours together, too! Gorgeous.

Definitely identical twin boys! They would be [name_m]Toryn[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Night[/name_m]

I’d want fraternal boys, one who looks like me and one who looks like my partner (also for the sake of not having to worry about mix ups, and them having more individuality.) I think I’d name them [name_m]Yves[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] and [name_u]March[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], off the top of my head.

I think I’d want two girls - don’t mind between fraternal or identical!
They’d be [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]…

If I had b/b they’d be [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] I think.

I’d love two girls! Identical would be fun—imagine the matching outfits!
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

hands down would go identical! and i’d prefer id. girls but either would be fun!!

today would be:
[name_f]Indy[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Yoli[/name_f] [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

and id. boys would be:
[name_m]Vaughan[/name_m] [name_m]Ansel[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

It’s fascinating how different everyone’s responses are!

For me I’d want fraternal - they wouldn’t have to put up with people not being able to tell them apart all the time, and also (I know it sounds a bit silly) there’s an extra person to have the excitement of seeing what they look like as they grow up.

But besides that I wouldn’t mind b/b, g/g or b/g. My current name picks (influenced HEAVILY by my partner’s taste in names) wouldn’t be any different for twins than for having two kids separately. For boys it would be [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] and probably [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. For girls maybe [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] might be too similar, and I’m super-undecided on the middle names their too.

I used to have SO MANY names I wanted to use, but my partner’s veto-ing and over-popularity of ones I liked have stripped them all away…!

Boy and girl twin set

[name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] or [name_f]Elaina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Calder[/name_u] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

*subject to change, name list is too long right now

I would like to have a boy and a girl

Their names would be [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_f]Clodagh[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

I have fraternal twin boys. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. We were initially hoping for one of each but now I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s much easier for twins to be the same sex I think. Was very happy to find out they were fraternal too. It’s interesting seeing how different they are and watching them grow into their own unique little selves. :slight_smile:
If they were girls they might have been [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I think.

1 Like

If I could choose I’d want boy and girl twins although boy/boy and girl/girl sets would be wonderful too. Right now I’d name them:

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Boy/boy twins would be:

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] & [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

Girl/girl twins would be:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

1 Like

I think it would be fun to have identical twin boys :slight_smile:

I would name them [name_u]Rye[/name_u] [name_m]Koa[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathon[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Finian[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

We’re expecting twin girls, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and I’ve definitely wondered what we would name them had they turned out to be boys. I think I’m a lot more adventurous with girl names than I am with boy names, so we’d probably have gone with something quite classic. I love [name_u]Lyle[/name_u], it’s been one of my favorites forever, and I think [name_m]Clark[/name_m] is a super handsome name. So [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] - short and sweet.

1 Like

Whenever I imagine what it’d be like having twins, I always imagine two girls. I’ve always wanted to be an identical twin so I think that’d be fun, especially seeing how different yet how similar they become as they get older.

Today I think I’d name them [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f], but I love the thought of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] too!

For boy/girl twins i love the idea of [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and [name_m]Levi[/name_m] Ceder [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].