All lists gone?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], just wondering whether our user-created lists still exist somewhere or whether they’re gone in the new platform? And also, signatures weren’t able to be transferred over to user cards automatically, so if we’ve forgotten what was in our signature that’s gone too?

…and also, can our user cards possibly NOT show our read time? I spend a frightening amount of time here while bored stuck with my boob in a breastfeeding (or even sleeping!) baby who won’t let me unlatch her… but like, I don’t really need the world to know how many hours I’ve spent browsing, it feels kinda personal.

Thank you for all the hard work you’ve put in though, I do think the shift will be good in the long run and don’t envy the extra work this is causing at the moment!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Kiriko

[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t worry! User lists haven’t changed a bit; they’re not part of the Forums. You can find them on the main site here:

Unfortunately yes, the contents of old signatures couldn’t be brought over because the new platform doesn’t have this feature to bring them over into (if that makes sense). I’m sorry if you’ve lost some combos! :frowning_face:

I can look into the read time question, I’ll confess that I don’t know on that point. I’ll have a dig and get back to you.

1 Like

@Kiriko

As promised, I have been looking into your read time question.

While it’s not possible (for me, at least, without extensive coding knowledge) to remove the “read time” field on its own, you do have the ability to hide your public profile and statistics.

You can do that in your preferences. Click your avatar top right :arrow_upper_right: then click your username, and go to “Preferences”.

Under “Interface”, check the “Hide my public profile and presence features” box.

Other users will still see your posts and your username, but when they click your usercard, they will simply see your name, avatar and a “This user’s public profile is hidden” message. If they click through, your profile page displays the same message.

Please note that, as far as I can ascertain, this will also effectively disable your bio / user card text, and the personal message button on your profile. Other users are still able to message you, but they will need to do this by opening a new message and manually entering your name.

I hope that helps!