All names should be equal?

We’re in the midst of a dilemma!

We have a daughter named [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] already, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a family name (my name, my mom’s middle name and my nana’s first name)

Now that we are having another child, a girl no less, we’ve been hunting for meaningful middles.

The name we fell in love with: [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u].

[name_u]March[/name_u] is my mother in law’s maiden name.

Our problem: Is [name_u]March[/name_u] too whacky? Especially since [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] has such a down to earth middle.

We would love your views on this!

No, [name_u]March[/name_u] is perfect! First, the fact that it’s a family surname makes it totally acceptable to use as a middle. But even if it weren’t a family name, it still makes a really cool middle and isn’t wacky at all. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] sounds great! I always loved the [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spelling too.

I think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] is the perfect name for you!

I think [name_u]March[/name_u] is fine, it’s a bit too wordy for me, it almost sounds like a command “[name_f]Isabel[/name_f], march!” to me, but if it has a special meaning to you and you like it, then I think it’d make a lovely middle name, not as classic as [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but I don’t see that as a problem.

I love the name Isobel March! Reminds me of Little Women, but I doubt many people will think of that. It is also a beautiful month name! And it has meaning to you, which makes it perfect! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]- also has [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women associations for me, which is a definite plus!

I think it’s a fun, unexpected middle. [name_m]Even[/name_m] better that it has meaning for you! My friend has a [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] which I’ve always admired.

I was going to say that too! What a great book to fell connected too for your little girl as well. It’s a lovely name and goes perfectly with [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

Oh, I love it!

I don’t think they should match. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] is a perfectly reasonable name, though [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is more classic. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] sound super cute together, and mn are far less used.

I think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] is beautiful!

I love it. It sounds beautiful. It’s playful and sweet, but has the literary heft from [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. Good choice!

Also, A+ for choosing the prettiest spelling for [name_f]Isobel[/name_f].

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] sounds great. [name_u]March[/name_u] is an honor name so I think it works well.

I absolutely love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]. :smiley: people use [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u], etc, why not [name_u]March[/name_u]?

I don’t think [name_u]March[/name_u] is too out there, it goes with the family name theme, and it’s the middle, so even if you did consider it way more “whacky” than [name_f]Jane[/name_f], I don’t think it matters.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this a lot. I also really like this spelling of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. So classy and grounded.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] surname will sound like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] has a double barrelled surname.

I think the combo sounds great, both the sisters together, and the name pairing on it’s own.

I think it’s lovely!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is my daughter’s middle name - love this spelling.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] is gorgeous, I wouldn’t hesitate to use it.